GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brembo GT BBK questions

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I got a great deal on a used front Brembo GT BBK. It should be here today.

I have about .6 quart of Castrol SRF fluid at home. Will that be enough or should I order another?

Where are you guys buying track pads for these systems?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I got a great deal on a used front Brembo GT BBK. It should be here today.

I have about .6 quart of Castrol SRF fluid at home. Will that be enough or should I order another?

Where are you guys buying track pads for these systems?

Thanks,

Chris

I have the same BBK, I got my pads through Race Technologies. They're expensive, but good lord they're the best. I have the RE10 pads--they're easy on rotors, last a long time, and stop unbelievably well.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the info Zef. This is the 330x28mm set with one piece disks. It's the set that ECS sells for $1800. It looks like you have the 355mm 2 piece disks which is quite a bit more expensive.

I weighed the disks and calipers/pads at the post office this morning. The disks are 19lb. 3oz. The calipers with pads and mounting brackets are 9lb. 14 oz.

I'm not planning to go past stage 1 with this car so I think these brakes will be fine. They should an improvement over the stock brakes. It's a similar setup to the Boxter 4 piston caliper upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpg
    IMG_6952.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 180

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
After a little more digging I found out that these calipers use a standard size pad, HB194 with a thickness of .570". You can find Hawk brake pads in this size at quite a few places. The HB194G.570 DTC-60 pads are ~$217.