GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OIL Change Pricing @ Dealership

ms3brendan

Ready to race!

BMW_to_MKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, all 2010 VW have a 3 year or 36,000 miles care free maintenance, at least in the US...

This is correct, however a lot of people (myself included) feel that 10k is way too long for oil to be in a car. I pay for every other o/c. The changes at 10k, 20k, and 30k are free.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Im going to be changing it myself as well. No way im forking over a hundred and twenty bucks for a darn oil change.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
This is correct, however a lot of people (myself included) feel that 10k is way too long for oil to be in a car. I pay for every other o/c. The changes at 10k, 20k, and 30k are free.

IMHO i think its fine if the car is stock. 10k intervals isn't even the highest now with other manufacturers. i could care less what happens to the car after the 36 milkes anyway since i leased it.

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
i think so too. if they recommend 10K, that's what I'm going with. Unless of course the conditions are severe.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
i think so too. if they recommend 10K, that's what I'm going with. Unless of course the conditions are severe.

exactly. Most people are just throwing away their $$$ when they do synthetic oil changes every 3-5k miles. Only time i did 3k oil changes with synthetic was when my s2000 was supercharged. Stock def. does not need anything more than w.e the manufacturers recommendations.

McQueen77

Banned
I have been getting coupons with my payment stub for my car payment from VW for $64.95 for a full synthetic oil change. The independent Audi/VW place in Pasadena I was looking at quoted me at $95. I'm leaning towards the dealer to save the $30... $64 is about what it would cost me to do it myself and will save me the time, energy and trouble for the 5k interval. You don't need to reply with "you only have to change it every 10k".

I think every 7500 miles is dead on.... every 10k is sort of stretching it with the usual dealership standard syn oil.... but if you're giving the car up at 100k, I guess you shouldn't have any worries with 10k changes...

Medussa

Ready to race!
I got 40k free service out of mine

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
wow if your really only going to change your oil every 10k miles i feel bad for your car...

Mind explanin why you feel so bad? What evidence do you have to support your call for more frequent oil changes?