GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stg2 vs Nissan Maxima 2010 CVT (290hp)

VeeTec

Ready to race!
Try running a 5.5 gen (2002-2003) Max with full bolt-ons. Those things are fun! The sixth and 7th gen Maximas are wayy too heavy

Oh and the VQ's sound very nice unmuffled :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcAZjRFlRNc
Hopefully its the right vid. In class, couldnt check it... :/

Yea, the 5.5 Gen is my favorite VQ35 powered Maxima. Doesn't take much to get high 13's.

I still love the 4th Gen's too. Good power to weight ratio and they take well to mods. Still looking for the right one, so I can have a fun daily driver, and give the GTI a break from 100 mile daily round trip commutes.

lakwanphillips

I have seen those maximas and they are indeed fast. But the Nissan Maxima 2010 CVT (290hp) is just one hell of a ride with tremendous speed and performance. I got to get one of those with brilliantly modified nissan maxima parts

Last edited:

jaja123

Ready to race!
Some guy tried racing me in one of these too... I got on it and blew past him. I then continued to let him go past me then reel him back in, kinda like leaving a fish on the hook and reeling him in over and over. kinda mean huh?

If your stage 1,2 then yes you would take the max. Stock for stock on a fair run it would take you. IF for instance you start accelerating just 2 seconds early you have huge lead.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How exactly would a maxima pull on a G35? haha.

jaja123

Ready to race!
They sound so bad and boring, but the car had balls compared to say v6 altimas

Hey don't bash v6 altimas. My parents have both 06-09 altima v6 and im confident it pulled harder than the 2.0t which I have been in. 2.0t do pretty much have instant torque though. v6 altima's are still a low mid 14 sec car with trap of 95-97 max is a tad quicker.

jaja123

Ready to race!
How exactly would a maxima pull on a G35? haha.

Well id depends although cvt is boring as hell it holds the rpm at max power constantly. Mom has a cvt v6 altima. If it was say like an 03 g35 auto then it is very well possible that a new max would pull on one. but the g35 which HR vq with a stick then no max would lose.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I have passed it like it was nothing at all, sure as hell a GTI with just a tune would (smoke) it.

Do i like it better than the Altima and the Accord? yes!

Is it a sports or sporty compact car or fun at all? Hell no.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Emm, I knw a with a mk5 R32 that gave a 2011 MAXIMA a hard time. His front bumper was at the maxima's driver's door! The R32 has only a CAI.

And when I had a run with the R32, I smoked him easily!