GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 2 GTI vs G37 coupe

xrayman34

Ready to race!
My co-worker has the g37 with intakes done, and he thinks its the fastest
thing on the planet, just wondering how I would do from say a 40mph roll.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
You should pull slightly on him until you get around 100 at which point he should start to reel you back in. The new VQ has a strong top end.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
I think it should be a good fight. He is sitting at 330hp but I imagine he is at least 400 or more lbs then us. So my prediction is that you will slowly pull on him. Now off the line he is going to pull away for a bit before you start coming back. Tell us how it turns out. I need to find a G37 to play with :).

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
My co-worker has the g37 with intakes done, and he thinks its the fastest
thing on the planet, just wondering how I would do from say a 40mph roll.

When I was stage 2 I would pull about 2 car lengths on my boy's g37 from 40mph-110mph. He didn't have an intake though.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
I think it should be a good fight. He is sitting at 330hp but I imagine he is at least 400 or more lbs then us. So my prediction is that you will slowly pull on him. Now off the line he is going to pull away for a bit before you start coming back. Tell us how it turns out. I need to find a G37 to play with :).

While I do agree it would be a good close run, the new VQ engines in the g37 and 370z definitely pull better above 100 mph than stock turbo TSIs. When I was stage 2 I did a 60ish roll against a 370z and stayed right next to him until about 105 at which point his better top end pulled me pretty good.

bizlipkick1

While I do agree it would be a good close run, the new VQ engines in the g37 and 370z definitely pull better above 100 mph than stock turbo TSIs. When I was stage 2 I did a 60ish roll against a 370z and stayed right next to him until about 105 at which point his better top end pulled me pretty good.

Yea/ I have a GTI and a 08 350z (witht he HR motor, dyno's 25-20 more hp then the 03-06 de motors, but not as fast as a 370 motor) and they really added some to the top end on 07 and up Z's. But before then, I think OP has him. Especially in the G, back seats+sunroof and all the add ons weigh the car down.

xrayman34

Ready to race!
Now an Audi A5 with the 3.6 engine has entered the picture, stock though.
Not too worried about him, but this is probably not going down until spring when I can get my better tires on....

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
A G37 makes about 270whp. Like everyone said you will pull on him and he will slowly pull you in. Does he have auto or stick? Cause their auto is a slushbox.

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
My wife has a stock 2011 g37 coupe its a pretty even match up. from a dig forget it she is gone. but from a 20, 40 and 60 roll ill pull on her pretty good up to about 100, then she comes back to get me

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
A G37 makes about 270whp. Like everyone said you will pull on him and he will slowly pull you in. Does he have auto or stick? Cause their auto is a slushbox.

Yeah the auto is a piece of garbage, never shifts when it should and is slow as molasses to respond to throttled input

Sent via my piece of crap phone using tapatalk