GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PITTSBURGH Mkvi's

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
yea, sowo would be sick to go to. I think I'm going to go to this just because i start work the next day and going to sowo would probably not work out well for coming back in time haha.

natehultman

Ready to race!
Side Marker Help!?!?

So I just went to Three Rivers in McMurray for my 10K service and inspection and the service guy told me that they wouldn't pass my car because my side markers were color matched. Does anyone have a spare set that I could borrow for a day? I really don't feel like buying a set just to get my car to pass.

On a separate note, where is the best place to go to avoid "issues" during inspection?? I know where I won't go from now on.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
So I just went to Three Rivers in McMurray for my 10K service and inspection and the service guy told me that they wouldn't pass my car because my side markers were color matched. Does anyone have a spare set that I could borrow for a day? I really don't feel like buying a set just to get my car to pass.

On a separate note, where is the best place to go to avoid "issues" during inspection?? I know where I won't go from now on.

this is the same place that told me that they wouldnt work on my car because i had ballasts and an hid kit on my low beams. I went to Day and havent had any issues.

Also Day has been great ever since. I had an issue with Day a few years ago with one of my other VW's and i stayed away and did my own stuff, but i have been very happy so far with Day. I am sure people have issues with Day but i sure dont. I will never step foot back in 3 rivers, EVER.

I used to do the aftermarket installs at 3 rivers back in the day, on the BMW side though. So the service manager knows who i am from back then, and i even told them what needed done on my car. But they pulled their BULLSHIT and didnt want to work on my car. I called VWOA and expressed my displeasure, as over the years i have purchased over 230k dollars worth of VW products. (this is my 10th new vw for those doing the math)

natehultman

Ready to race!
I found it funny that they wouldn't pass my car because of the side markers but they let the window tint slide... So you don't happen to have an extra set of side markers I could borrow some time within the next 10 days do you??

One a side note, do you think you could help me out with the LED tails that Ed is selling? I saw you were getting a set for testing.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Mine are really dark but light still comes through. If you need them just let me know. Also I have a great shop here that does my inspections. Let me know if you want me to hook you guys up. And anything you need for Ed's lights just let me know. I do travel for work at times but normally I work from home. I am basically helping Ed with tech support on the wiring and coding anyway. So feel free to use vag-com here If needed. Pm me and I'll send you my info.

mikeh61

Ready to race!
possibly parting out my car and going golf r. if anyone is interested in parts pm me. also looking for someone with a candy white gti, i have a gti 35 edition front bumper i would be willing to trade for a stock one plus cash.

also for sale
apr carbino stage 1&2 intake
forge catch can (brand new in the box)
FK silver line x coilovers

Last edited:

mikeh61

Ready to race!
pics of the bumper? how much cash do you want?

ill be in town this weekend...

it sold this weekend man sorry :(

i still have full apr carbino intake, hpa 75a tq mount, s3 control arm bushings, h&r front 26mm and rear 24mm sways, and a neuspeed throttle body pipe(trade plus cash for your stock one)

Last edited: