GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Listing of Chicagoland Shops Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ I see a connection there ;)

I love DS car washes, doe. I have the original 12.99 pricing at the one in elmhurst, it is awesome.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if anyone on here has mentioned Rennology Motorsports. they do GIAC tuning. they are very friendly. some prices are more money than other shops. but they also specialize in higher end cars. Most of the supercars out there.

http://www.rennology.com/

6130 West 159th Street
Oak Forest, IL 60452
(708) 687-5258

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody have a recommendation for a shop that can do a rearview camera install? Preferably Chicago or near west suburbs.
A member on here does electronics install. His username is jgarcia1925 and his name is Jesus. Another guy on here can take care of the VCDS coding to activate it, his username is jay745 and his name is Jay. Both are good guys! :thumbsup:

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for a shop to do a spring install nearby. I live in Uptown in Chicago. I just had my car tuned at Komet, and I had a great experience customer service-wise, but it's a long drive for me. In the past I've had spings installed at the Driver's Image in Skokie, but I moved to Texas for a year and when I came back they were closed down. (What happened?)

So, if anybody knows a good place close to me I'm all ears. Also, if anybody knows what happened to Driver's Image... I'm curious.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You can only do BS cosmetic mods on shitty cars for so long ;)

Didn't even know they closed down, sorry.

Komet is great, and is open on saturdays, which many shops are not. As for the city, Chicago Performance Tuning is closer, but they are typically higher in pricing. What are you looking to get done?

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed
What are you looking to get done?

Just the spring install. Maybe an alignment but I've got a place for that and it's probably best to wait a week or two after the install to get it aligned. I'm gonna go with the DG springs. Had them on the GLI I had before my GTI and loved them.

dodecadynamo

Ready to race!
Bump from the dead, but better than creating a new thread:

Does anybody here have experience dealing with either Axel's Automotive in Lake Bluff OR Fall-Line Motorsports in Buffalo Grove?

Thanks!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have heard of Axels, but not much about them. Fall Line is like, legit racecar level shit. They don't even take most street projects as far as i know, but worth calling them I guess. What are you looking to get done?

dodecadynamo

Ready to race!
I have heard of Axels, but not much about them. Fall Line is like, legit racecar level shit. They don't even take most street projects as far as i know, but worth calling them I guess. What are you looking to get done?

They're both listed on the APR dealer find tool. Just looking for a tune and don't want to drive super far (middle of Lake County). Any recommendations?