GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI Hesitation

ibanezgfx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I've done a few searches and really couldn't locate what I'm looking for.

Ive got a 2010 stock GTI, have a CEL P2433 - Something to do with the secondary air pump, has been on for a year or so. Recently, I've started to get a hesitation, typically at idle, but recently every gear around 2700-3200 RPM, usually at about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle.
I've cleaned the MAF sensor, just replaced the spark plugs and coils, but don't know where to go from here. Could the Secondary Air pump cause this?

I did crack the hose coming up in the front of the air box a few months back when i was changing the flter, but wrapped it up with some tape, so don't think it is leaking, but its always possible.

Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I've done a few searches and really couldn't locate what I'm looking for.

Ive got a 2010 stock GTI, have a CEL P2433 - Something to do with the secondary air pump, has been on for a year or so. Recently, I've started to get a hesitation, typically at idle, but recently every gear around 2700-3200 RPM, usually at about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle.
I've cleaned the MAF sensor, just replaced the spark plugs and coils, but don't know where to go from here. Could the Secondary Air pump cause this?

I did crack the hose coming up in the front of the air box a few months back when i was changing the flter, but wrapped it up with some tape, so don't think it is leaking, but its always possible.

Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe the secondary air pump is only used on cold starts to heat up the catalytic converter momentarily and then shuts off. You can practically hear it run during its pump cycle.

A slight "bobble" at idle is actually sort of common on these cars (I have it too). Since its a 2010 I'm guessing you have pretty high mileage, have you thought about a carbon cleaning of the valves?

ibanezgfx

Passed Driver's Ed
I've thought about it, but haven't had it in to see if thats the issue yet.
This morning i noticed that it didn't have as much of the hesitation or misfiring or whatever it is once its fully warm, but when its warming up, that 1/2 throttle at 2700-3200 rpm is pretty shaky.
I think a trip to the shop is in order..

ibanezgfx

Passed Driver's Ed
OK, so i took the car in yesterday and got it diagnosed. They told me that the secondary air sensor is faulty and needs replaced. They gave me P/N VW06k-906-052.
I asked about the hesitation between 2800-3200 RPM and they assured me this was the issue. Anyone have experience with this? I did a quick search and that part number didn't pop up at all in the forum.

ibanezgfx

Passed Driver's Ed
Another reason I posted it here, didn't seem accurate to me. I asked specifically about the carbon build up and they said there is most likely carbon there at 66k but the sensor is causing the hesitation at that rpm range...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk