GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Headlight Lamp Replacement

GTIKage

I just had a low beam lamp burnout. I have the stock headlights that came with my 2010 GTI. There is a lot of discussion here on replacement headlight assemblies; but I have not seen much (searching here) on actual DIY replacement of just the lamps.

Can you actually replace a low-beam lamp without taking out the entire headlight assembly? Most of the repair books I've seen have you remove most of the bodywork to get the headlight assembly out just to change a lamp. That seems nuts...

So can one actually replace a lamp without dismantling the car?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I just had a low beam lamp burnout. I have the stock headlights that came with my 2010 GTI. There is a lot of discussion here on replacement headlight assemblies; but I have not seen much (searching here) on actual DIY replacement of just the lamps.

Can you actually replace a low-beam lamp without taking out the entire headlight assembly? Most of the repair books I've seen have you remove most of the bodywork to get the headlight assembly out just to change a lamp. That seems nuts...

So can one actually replace a lamp without dismantling the car?
By lamp do you mean just the bulb? Also I'm guessing you're halogen?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Do your headlights look like these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Pretty sure you can get to the bulbs without pulling the assembly off. DeAutoKey makes some great replacements. I got them for my girlfriends Tiguan.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought some generic HIDs on ebay over a year ago for some 35 bucks. No issues.
You can probably buy from a local brand if you wanna spend more.