GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Losing fuel during Autocross

stifrontman

Howdy folks. Last weekend I took the old girl out autocrossing, and with about 1/3 of a tank, I was experiencing fuel cut outs during the last fast and tight right hand corner of the track.

Is this a normal occurrence with these cars? Is the fuel tank not baffled properly or something? Anyone else experience this?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Howdy folks. Last weekend I took the old girl out autocrossing, and with about 1/3 of a tank, I was experiencing fuel cut outs during the last fast and tight right hand corner of the track.

Is this a normal occurrence with these cars? Is the fuel tank not baffled properly or something? Anyone else experience this?

Boost leak? Good plugs and coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stifrontman

Got a P310B Low Fuel Pressure CEL after the 5th lap. Would boost leak or loss of spark somehow lead to that? Not getting fuel in the pickup seems more likely.

GroovyVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait till your past the apex to got WOT? [emoji16]. I run less than a third of a tank with no issues. More fuel to test it or possibly your LPFP control module is getting to hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stifrontman

It's actually a new oem control module, and based on when it's happening its almost certainly the pickup going dry. I figured that a lack of baffles doesn't help and it's disappointing that the suction jet side isn't keeping up with it, but I also have to think I'm not the first person to run through a hard right hander in autocross and if nobody else has experienced it maybe there's an issue with the positioning of my fuel pump although I'm not sure how that could happen.

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the condition of your cam follower??

stifrontman

So, here we are many moons later. I ran an AutoX yesterday with a mostly full tank, and still experienced some fuel cuts on long/fast right hand corners.