GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need roof rack help ASAP

305GTI

Ready to race!
I'm at work and someone just offered me a free Thule roof rack that is currently installed on a mini cooper S all I know is that it is Thule and has a fairing. Does anyone know if this will fit my 2 door Gti? I don't care of I have to buy a few parts to make it fit. Thanks in advance

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
You will probably just need to buy new feet. Try calling rackattack.com or a similar company and they can help you.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it will fit. If you do the "select your vehicle" option on www.thule.com, they show the 480R model to fit both the Mini Cooper and MK6 GTI.

305GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks so much for the replies guys, I will hopefully have it in my possession soon so I can post pics.

305GTI

Ready to race!
Turns out I was wrong about it being a THULE oops. Just received it today its a Yakima Q-Tower system with 48" cross bar,2 bike racks, fairing, and 4 locks. Since this came off a Mini Cooper it has the wrong size Q clips for my GTI but I'm about to order the correct ones from Amazon.com.

Is anyone using this or a similar setup on their GTI? Can I see some pics please! One last question Yakima.com suggest a 58" cross bar for the GTI but the 48" LOOK like they are long enough for the GTI too. Although I received this all for free Im not looking into throwing too much money to make it work.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Depending on how the feet attach to the bars, maybe you could trim the bars down. I've seen others do it when the bars looked too wide, but I'm not sure the details of their setup or yours.