GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official South Florida Chat Thread

spiker369

on air, don't care
I take my modded GTI to Gunther on 441 and just north 595. They love my car with the full apr exhaust. Ask for Jimmy he is in the first booth as you pull up. There very mod friendly dealer.

Jimmy is taking care of my 40k DSG service right now! He's so nice lol, other people here suck though. My car is stock though lol.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna be taking my car to VW of Naples tomorrow for my 30K service. It'll be my first time there, let's see how it goes!

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Jimmy is a good guy, always hooks me up. If you guys need anything in Sales, Tomas Perez is the man. Dated his daughter for a bit, and he has always taken care of me and anyone I have sent his way. Big VW enthusiast and if you talk him up about wine or swimming he will be your new best friend haha.

eduardot

Ready to race!
What's a good body shop around Broward? I got hit on a parking lot during Christmas and need to get it fixed.

Pics of the damage:

UnitedGTI1

Ready to race!
is the paint actually taken off? that looks more like its paint from the other car?
try taking scratch-x to it and see if that will clean it up. cant tell from the picture if there is a dent or not.

eduardot

Ready to race!
is the paint actually taken off? that looks more like its paint from the other car?
try taking scratch-x to it and see if that will clean it up. cant tell from the picture if there is a dent or not.

There is a dent between the door and the wheel. It's not the paint from the other car. I already removed all the paint transfer.

I talked to Steve (you recommended him on fb), the problem is that my insurance wants to pay a body shop directly. Not sure how that will work since he is doing it as a side job.

UnitedGTI1

Ready to race!
it won’t. Insurance won’t pay him directly you either have to go through insurance or go under the table to Steve. Did the person who hit you stop or did he run? If you have his insurance just go through that if you are paying no sense in paying a $500 deductible for a $600 repair.

eduardot

Ready to race!
it won’t. Insurance won’t pay him directly you either have to go through insurance or go under the table to Steve. Did the person who hit you stop or did he run? If you have his insurance just go through that if you are paying no sense in paying a $500 deductible for a $600 repair.

He stopped, however, insurance blamed both of us because I was reversing before the accident and stopped right behind him since there was a car behind me. The guy claimed I was still moving when he hit me. My guess is he looked on his right mirror, I wasn't there, I moved back two feet and he started reversing without checking that mirror again.

In the end, I have to pay $250 (50% of my deductible) to have it fixed at a body shop. The insurance guy who did the estimate was cool (used to be own a GTI) and recommended these:
- http://www.1stclassauto.com/
- http://www.bodycraftusa.com/

Anybody have experience with any of those shops? How about Gunther Ft Lauderdale's Collision Center?

spiker369

on air, don't care
Vera Cadillac did my repairs when I got in my accident. They did an awesome job.
Crash damage:

Current shot:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Vera Cadillac did my repairs when I got in my accident. They did an awesome job.
Crash damage:

Current shot:

Dude i had the same exact accident but on the passenger side happen to me 3 months after i bought my car. This girl was texting and ran the stop sign and hit me. So i know how it feels... haha

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Two days left for registration guys, come on and join! AUTOX at the Homestead Speedway
me and couple friends are already registered!

http://www.driverregistration.com/eventDetail.php?eventID=274

I was checking this out. Couple questions though, never done an event before or even seen one to be honest. I'm stage 2, but all suspension, and brakes are stock, and I'm on all season tires. Will my modded intake, DP, or tune stock me in a ridiculous class of vehicles? I dont want to make an ass of myself any more than I have to haha.