GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

Lupin

Ready to race!
i understand your experiences, but a well setup car will perform whether it's 150hp or 500hp. power rarely makes you much faster at the track to begin with. so depending on your goals it will be irrelevant. but any car needs upgrades to manage more power, not just fwd cars or volkswagens specifically. there are plenty of civics and minis out there hurting feelings and it's pretty easy to make a lightweight momentum car out of them. it just depends on your goals. and of course the driver.

No I completely agree, any upgrades in power will require upgrades in other aspect to handle the addition. Once again, I am simply questioning the return of efforts and finance put into a FWD car. I am also referring to the joy of driving around the track instead of the best track time. For those who mod FWD cars and care about how a car should behave on a track should really find a Cooper GT and take it on the track (pretty difficult, but it one of those cars that proofs me completely wrong about FWD). My end goal (not that it matters) is a stable, fun car to drive. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Hyde is in the same shoe.

I don't mean to muddy up the thread since Ryan has already eloquently given his defense for blowing large sums of money, but if you think for a second modding a car is anything like putting money in an 401k you're in the wrong place.

There is no "investment", this is all for the love of creating something individual. This is fun money, none of it grows or can be had back. There is no "sense" here, it's all insanity.

Hate to bring out the terminology here, but modifying cars is an investment, just a piss poor one. (purchasing a car is also an investment) Just to clarify the terminolog confusion here.

Let's just end this discussion here as we are now taking the topic away from Hyde's built, which is what this thread is all about. I was curoius as to why Hyde would invest (spend) so much into the "wrong wheel drive" platform, but he answered my question previously and I did not take sedimental value into equate.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Hate to bring out the terminology here, but modifying cars is an investment, just a piss poor one. (purchasing a car is also an investment) Just to clarify the terminolog confusion here.

Let's just end this discussion here as we are now taking the topic away from Hyde's built, which is what this thread is all about. I was curoius as to why Hyde would invest (spend) so much into the "wrong wheel drive" platform, but he answered my question previously and I did not take sedimental value into equate.

Going to have to agree to disagree with you on your terminology. Investments in an economic sense revolve around future growth and appreciation, not an immediate devaluation. If you want to fight that good fight and say investment, go for it. I only use that argument with my wife, but it's no good here.

I think this thread needs more pictures. :laugh:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Awesome build! This is going to be epic.

Yes modding cars is pretty dumb. Money we'll never get back. We do what we do because we love it. Some people like, want, NEED to tinker. I'm in Socal and have access to a lot of tuners, parts etc. Someone once asked me why I just didn't buy a more expensive car that is faster, flashier etc. Problem is me. If I bought a more expensive car that's just a higher starting point for me to mod. I WILL mod it. I love working on cars.

I drive a lot. 25k miles a year. I drive cars to the ground. As soon as I buy something I start modding because I know I'll have the car for awhile and be in it a lot. Build what I want as fast as I can.....not the best mentality but it's who I am.

I love this build I love the OP's spends the money no fucks given.

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
Bravo sir, Bravo.

Been following on Instagram and was looking forward to reading this thread. Will be following closely.

Admire your methodical, in-depth approach and attention to detail. Going to be a great car when it's 'done'... Ha, will it EVER be done!?

Gino

Ready to race!