GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I may have missed it. I was distracted by the countless eye candy pictures and descriptions of parts out of my budget but when are you getting it on the dyno?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
looks Good Ryan!
now im going to need you to hot lap that thing till Sunday to break the motor in. :)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I may have missed it. I was distracted by the countless eye candy pictures and descriptions of parts out of my budget but when are you getting it on the dyno?

next up, Torqbyte fuel hardware goes in with trans build. From there we install the 5th injector and back to dyno tune. I'm assuming March-April timeframe.

looks Good Ryan!
now im going to need you to hot lap that thing till Sunday to break the motor in. :)

I wish I had the time, I'm only getting to and from work now with the baby routine at night.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
This is a how you spend $20k! :thumbsup:

But one suggestion, you may want to reevaluate that 034 Motorsports CC cause for the time I ran mine, it dumped a hell lot of oil back into my intake, so now I run the stock PCV valve with the BFI clean CC. The ECS looks like a good one too, it's just that africa plate for me dumped too much oil when compared to the stock PCV valve

Well thats the thing. You can't drive around on Hoosiers. I know people are able to do make a drivable fast launching fantastic FWD car, but at what cost? (and I mean mentally, comfortably and financially) You mentioned a comfortable daily driver, I do not believe that the GTI is able to keep much traction without anti lift kits/ coils/ bushings/mounts, and all of those will reduce the comfort of the car significantly. Most of them are also not easily installed parts where one can choose to install only on track days. What Hyde doing is great, exploring into the unknown, and I am sure we are all exciting to see it especially its not our money that hes putting into it. I am just thinking of it from the owner's perspective.

I paid for this kit in November for a mk6 GTI with a 4 motion retrofitted. Hopefuly I should receive soon and will work with another tuner for sw.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
This is a how you spend $20k! :thumbsup:

But one suggestion, you may want to reevaluate that 034 Motorsports CC cause for the time I ran mine, it dumped a hell lot of oil back into my intake, so now I run the stock PCV valve with the BFI clean CC. The ECS looks like a good one too, it's just that africa plate for me dumped too much oil when compared to the stock PCV valve

I notice that too but aren't the PCV plates all the same with a check valve in it? I'm wondering how much blow-by I'll have in the intercooler and throttle body pipe but I have two things planned to help "clean" this and hopefully from the throttle body to the head will remain really clean.
-.5mm Aquamist jet in the TOP for post-turbo/pre-intercooler water meth
-1000cc port injector in the throttle body pipe

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I notice that too but aren't the PCV plates all the same with a check valve in it? I'm wondering how much blow-by I'll have in the intercooler and throttle body pipe but I have two things planned to help "clean" this and hopefully from the throttle body to the head will remain really clean.
-.5mm Aquamist jet in the TOP for post-turbo/pre-intercooler water meth
-1000cc port injector in the throttle body pipe

CC solutions are quick fix for the effect, it dosnt fix why there oil in the CC in the first place!!!!!

Blow by from poor ring seal is what causes most of the oil leaving the crank case with OEM engine. With a build like Ryan's using aftermarket pistons and rings the tolerances are larger and put boost behind that it MAY push some oil out into the CC by design because of the loose tolerances that come with high performance pistons .

Before Arnold @Pag freshen my FSI motor with BT it use to fill the CC , i would have to be drained it about once a month which was pretty normal from what others where experiencing .

He then re ringed the motor with fresh OEM rings still using OEM pistons and most important he ball honed to get nice cross catch on the cylinder walls to get proper ring break in .

It's been 5 + years and there been ZERO oil in my CC I mean nothing just dust, not even a drip or trace of oil at first I thought the drain was clogged lol . I took it apart and off the car to get a visual and it was whistle clean and empty. Bob G

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
CC solutions are quick fix for the effect, it dosnt fix why there oil in the CC in the first place!!!!!

Blow by from poor ring seal is what causes most of the oil leaving the crank case with OEM engine. With a build like Ryan's using aftermarket pistons and rings the tolerances are larger and put boost behind that it MAY push some oil out into the CC by design because of the loose tolerances that come with high performance pistons .

Before Arnold @Pag freshen my FSI motor with BT it use to fill the CC , i would have to be drained it about once a month which was pretty normal from what others where experiencing .

He then re ringed the motor with fresh OEM rings still using OEM pistons and most important he ball honed to get nice cross catch on the cylinder walls to get proper ring break in .

It's been 5 + years and there been ZERO oil in my CC I mean nothing just dust, not even a drip or trace of oil at first I thought the drain was clogged lol . I took it apart and off the car to get a visual and it was whistle clean and empty. Bob G

Time will tell, I'm going to watch my CC.

Lupin

Ready to race!
:rolleyes:

What part of earth are you in? If you happen to be local to me I'll take you for a ride in my car and change your mind :D

Haha Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I am quite far from you.
My peers would not define themselves as car enthusiast, I am limited to meeting similar minds at track events and shows. Coincidentially, they do not have any heavily modded FWD. I did take a Honda EG for a spin and it was a boat load of fun since it was completely stripped out with a B18C1 swap. I am currently looking for ways to increase low rpm performance on my GTI while maintaining traction. Big turbo is the exact opposite of what I am hoping to achieve with this car.