GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want a UK-spec GTI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayv

Ready to race!
... our cars have less HP than in the EU.

Actually, most of the cars have the same power in either version. HP is calculated differently in other countries (when they use HP at all, even), and sometimes the manufacturer will change the advertised number downwards as they decide how they want it to look in comparison to other cars they sell in the same market.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
Yea, I wanted a TDI and was a day away from buying one when I found out about intercooler icing. The GTI was the only alternative for me.

It's funny how I've seen it said that vortex is the place filled with assholes.

Time for vulgarities! Go fuck yourself! Everyone ignore this prick!

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
Considering that people with tunes regularly report seeing a bump in MPG along with the bump in HP, I had to wonder if that might have something to do with it as well, as our cars have less HP than in the EU.

False. You keep mentioning this but it is not true. The different emission standards might make a slight difference but nothing that is going to be noticeable. The HP numbers are a marketing tool. Ever wonder why VW claims US spec GTIs make 200 HP, yet every tuning company is quick to tell you they are pushing closer to 215 HP?

cbursten

Banned
OP's bedtime must have 10pm EST.

Everyone chill, there's only one side of the argument that needs name calling and vulgarities to prove their point.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
OP out of line, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.