GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04's.. How much boost?

pashley

Ready to race!
And to answer your question yes the TSI motor can handle the boost of a k04. Some have valve lift but there are new valves you can replace with and there is a guide on here how to check if you have the weaker valve springs. However its not that common from what i read.

Other than that the clutch on manual cars will almost defiantly slip on k04 lvls if not upgraded. Some people swear they are on stock clutch with no issues but a lot of people have clutch issues on stage 1. DSG seems to hold the power well and if slipping some people have found good use from the DSG tunes others have found better results in switching tuners.

Support mods are defiantly gold but the only thing needed for k04 is a intake that reads the MAF well and a down-pipe(Also new plugs gaped properly and coil packs). Those are the minimums. It is highly recommended you get a intercooler and inlet/outlet pips also.

yup. this sums it up. if you are running k04, make sure you have the right supporting mods or you could be looking at some issues down the road if you ride it hard. I'm planning on k04 soon, so Ive been getting all the right pieces in place. Find out what you have and then have some fun.

j_rad91

Ready to race!
isn't it also worth getting new tires when going k04? k04 is next on the list but still running the stock tires.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Give your VIN to APR, Revo, Uni, GIAC, etc. to see if you have software?

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Give your VIN to APR, Revo, Uni, GIAC, etc. to see if you have software?

I am.... Im having the APR software switched into my name this tuesday. Charging me $150 which is kinda lame since someone already paid for the 4 programs to be installed initially, but whatever.. gotta do what u gotta do.. i actually called a tuning shop closer than where my apt is to see if i could find somewhere sooner and they charge an additional $75 on top of APR's $150 dollar transfer fee.. i told them that was ridiculous and hung up. haha..

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I am.... Im having the APR software switched into my name this tuesday. Charging me $150 which is kinda lame since someone already paid for the 4 programs to be installed initially, but whatever.. gotta do what u gotta do.. i actually called a tuning shop closer than where my apt is to see if i could find somewhere sooner and they charge an additional $75 on top of APR's $150 dollar transfer fee.. i told them that was ridiculous and hung up. haha..

If you think about it that way it may suck. But think about it like getting $750 software for $150 ($225 with the labor).

I don't get why people get so upset about paying a transfer fee, you're saving hundreds of dollars on something you probably would've paid the full price for.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
If you think about it that way it may suck. But think about it like getting $750 software for $150 ($225 with the labor).

I don't get why people get so upset about paying a transfer fee, you're saving hundreds of dollars on something you probably would've paid the full price for.

I guess your right.. i mean it wasnt "known" that the car had the tune when i bought it so I didnt pay extra for it or anything.. so in a sense i am getting at least 750 of software for 150.. Thanks for being optimistic bro haha..

Sauce118

Ready to race!
PS: Where do i buy the Forum Stickers at? is there a place on the site? or do i have to order from third party??