GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Would a 2013 GTI built 2-13 have the needed gateway? I have no idea what that even is, but I'd sure like one of those radios.

I'd like to know this as well.. I too have an '11 and haven't noticed any issues at least when parked overnight or at work.

Is there a year range or is having the correct revision just luck of the draw?

If several people need the updated gateway is it possible we could combine shipping?

Can you post the part number needed? I guess even if it's $40~ it's not too bad as I'm sure they're way more if bought at the dealer.

I actually think you guys with GTI are better off. I believe most of the GTI's past 2008 have the newer ones.

If you know someone with a OBD11 or VCDS, just ask them to do a scan and take a look at the CAN Gateway SW#

rucheng10

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm extremely interested in this but I'm torn between this RCD330 with carplay and the Eonon GA7153. I'm an iphone user so the carplay is tempting to me but at the same time prefer Google maps over the apple navigation software and Google maps isn't carplay compatible. I've read reviews on the Eonon's which are VERY hit or miss.

As far as future upgrades go, would the best way to install an amp and sub be with a line out converter since the RCD330 has no RCA connections?
I previously had an Eonon unit. It was certainly an awesome unit when I first got it. Their customer service is great if any issues arise, and I did have an issue where I had to send in my unit and they sent me a replacement. For me, the inconvenience of having to ship it overseas and wait for a replacement outweighs their customer service/warranty benefit. I don't think their units are nearly as reliable as OEM and I didn't want to deal with the headache of possible other issues down the road so I got rid of it. Horrendous call quality was another deal breaker.

Although I miss Google Maps and Waze, Apple Maps is adequate. I'm really happy with the RCD330 and also have peace of mind it's not gonna crap out on me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
Had some issues ordering my rcd330 plus through AliExpress. Something with purchasing through them, they want some verification of payment method. Waiting to see what happens. If they don't clear my payment after the second time, I guess I'll go with the Eonon GA7153.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Had some issues ordering my rcd330 plus through AliExpress. Something with purchasing through them, they want some verification of payment method. Waiting to see what happens. If they don't clear my payment after the second time, I guess I'll go with the Eonon GA7153.

Try Ebay.. I had issues ordering through AE in the past as well..

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
quick question.. are you able to control the music that your streaming from the phone via Bluetooth with the unit. cuz with the rcd 310 that i have, i cant control music streaming from phone with the unit. would have to do it from phone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
Try Ebay.. I had issues ordering through AE in the past as well..

Thank you!

I ended up ordering through eBay. However I have two charges through aliexpress pending on my back accounts for payments they said didn't pass their security or whatever. Definitely recommend others doing eBay.

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you!

I ended up ordering through eBay. However I have two charges through aliexpress pending on my back accounts for payments they said didn't pass their security or whatever. Definitely recommend others doing eBay.

Can you share the eBay listing you bought from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
quick question.. are you able to control the music that your streaming from the phone via Bluetooth with the unit. cuz with the rcd 310 that i have, i cant control music streaming from phone with the unit. would have to do it from phone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You can control volume and skip/replay tracks.. You can't browse.. You can however if your music is stored on an sd or USB.. Pretty sure it's a Bluetooth limitation- not the headunit..

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Yup sure does!

Is that the factory version or upgraded?

LaRayes

hello everyone. i'm really excited about this head unit and found one on ebay (version B). i have a 2011 GTI with the RCD 510 and i have the OEM pop up rear view camera. just wanted to make double sure what is needed for the camera to work, and if any other adapters (if required) for everything to work perfectly

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!

You can control volume and skip/replay tracks.. You can't browse.. You can however if your music is stored on an sd or USB.. Pretty sure it's a Bluetooth limitation- not the headunit..

You are actually able to see music on your phone, even playlist and recently played via Bluetooth on these units. It is just a matter if your phone supports it or not.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
hello everyone. i'm really excited about this head unit and found one on ebay (version B). i have a 2011 GTI with the RCD 510 and i have the OEM pop up rear view camera. just wanted to make double sure what is needed for the camera to work, and if any other adapters (if required) for everything to work perfectly

Do you have a factory camera installed?