GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion: 2012 GTI Autobahn w/EVERYTHING

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh snap, old ass thread. my bad.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I picked up mine this summer already stage 2+ with 61k on the dash for 17,750. Honestly felt like stealing to me

your definition and my definition of "brilliant" are clearly different... lol, leather is hot as hell in the summer and cold as shit in the winter, and a PITA to maintain, the only reason i would upgrade to autobahn is because VW has forced us to upgrade to stupid leather to have a sunroof... $3k is no steal to me... especially when they were brand new, they were at least a $5k difference.

spend a few months tweaking the tones on the dynaudio; then know what I'm speaking of. Sitting in a parking lot twiddling knobs and listening to FM radio will not be a true test of the Dynaudio's capabilites. It needs quality source and a lot of time to get the settings on key.

If you've owned the ATB and still don't feel the dynaudio system is great, then your ears are set to Screw / g rap mode all the time and nothing can cure your ailment except a large box in the hatch.

AS for leather, I live in Houston, and yes it gets hot. SO flippin what? I have a/c you know.
A prospective M5 or S class buyer ain't gonna rip out their leather seats cos its hot. :rolleyes: Wake up, your cloth seat for life mentality reeks of immaturity.

I bought mine brand-new 3.5 years ago, and I feel the car is worth every pretty penny. Only those who own or have owned the ATBs can attest. Others: move along, move along.

Last edited:

Why-man5

Passed Driver's Ed
HIDS with AFS and LEDs, Leather, Kessy/Push Button start, Navigation, upgraded sound, and different wheels. That's quite a bit for $3k.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a GTI without it being a 2012+ Autobahn.

Agreed!... Love my 2012 autobahn and worth it IMO...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah sorry DASVDUB just cause you don't like music doesn't mean that people who do are stupid for getting the Autobahn.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah sorry DASVDUB just cause you don't like music doesn't mean that people who do are stupid for getting the Autobahn.

I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying by no means is the upgraded audio system good.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you haven't spent any measurable time with the system and you're an audio amateur for stating your inconsequential opinion.

Are you saying this based upon ONE listen trying to pump crappy satellite radio songs out of 5 1/2 inch speakers at volume 20???? Are you basing this on ownership for a measurable period of time? I bet not, because it takes a lot of twiddling to get the sound just right for each source and type of music.. BUt it's worth the effort. The type of twiddling only and owner can afford the time to do.

Everyone who has really listened to BOTH base and Dynaudio will undoubtedly tell you that the upgraded stereo is leagues ahead of the base stereo in terms of volume, clarity, accuracy and depth in sound; I have had owners of cars with $3k stereos sit in my car and they appreciate the clarity, flexibility and accuracy of the dynaudio system. (maybe not the lack of super deep bass - but i don't listen to "shit", so I'm ok with the subless setup)

In fact, in 2012, there was no better overall stereo in a car at the $32k msrp and below mark. Yes ..fact.

And as part of a package that added ONLY $3k to $5k more, it's a great value.

I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying by no means is the upgraded audio system good.. Lol

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Then you haven't spent any measurable time with the system and you're an audio amateur for stating your inconsequential opinion.

Are you saying this based upon ONE listen trying to pump crappy satellite radio songs out of 5 1/2 inch speakers at volume 20???? Are you basing this on ownership for a measurable period of time? I bet not, because it takes a lot of twiddling to get the sound just right for each source and type of music.. BUt it's worth the effort. The type of twiddling only and owner can afford the time to do.

Everyone who has really listened to BOTH base and Dynaudio will undoubtedly tell you that the upgraded stereo is leagues ahead of the base stereo in terms of volume, clarity, accuracy and depth in sound; I have had owners of cars with $3k stereos sit in my car and they appreciate the clarity, flexibility and accuracy of the dynaudio system. (maybe not the lack of super deep bass - but i don't listen to "shit", so I'm ok with the subless setup)

In fact, in 2012, there was no better overall stereo in a car at the $32k msrp and below mark. Yes ..fact.

And as part of a package that added ONLY $3k to $5k more, it's a great value.

Man you are great at assuming, you couldn't possibly think I actually know people with these systems.. You'd be absolutely dumbfounded if you found that out, how weird, someone who has friends with these same cars with that du audio crap... Who'da thought???? And just because Honda boys with "3k" stereo systems think ur crap stereo system sounds good, then good for you! And your version of good music must be that "country" shit everyone these days thinks is good music. Could you think you could build a better setup than this "bow down to the almighty dynaudio"?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
This doesn't need to be an argument, and it's getting pretty OT at this point. However, it is fact that the Dynaudio system is one of the best systems from the factory on any car below roughly 35k. Audiophiles with super sensitive microphones have taken readings and deemed the Dynaudio system near-audiophile grade. Do I have proof and citations? No. But I saw this shit on the MK6 forums, so if you'd like to look it up you're welcome to.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
This doesn't need to be an argument, and it's getting pretty OT at this point. However, it is fact that the Dynaudio system is one of the best systems from the factory on any car below roughly 35k. Audiophiles with super sensitive microphones have taken readings and deemed the Dynaudio system near-audiophile grade. Do I have proof and citations? No. But I saw this shit on the MK6 forums, so if you'd like to look it up you're welcome to.

Will do, didn't mean to take it this far.. A smart ass comment pissed me off and I'm sorry, we all have our opinions, have a happy holiday guys!

Man you are great at assuming, you couldn't possibly think I actually know people with these systems.. You'd be absolutely dumbfounded if you found that out, how weird, someone who has friends with these same cars with that du audio crap... Who'da thought???? And just because Honda boys with "3k" stereo systems think ur crap stereo system sounds good, then good for you! And your version of good music must be that "country" shit everyone these days thinks is good music. Could you think you could build a better setup than this "bow down to the almighty dynaudio"?

blah blah blah

:clap: I haven't been part of a forum escalation in eons and I feel .... :happyanim:

child child child. You called the dynaudio system crap. Your opinions on this forum regarding sound system quality is now about as valid as jar jar binks value to the star wars franchise.

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
blah blah blah

:clap: I haven't been part of a forum escalation in eons and I feel .... :happyanim:

child child child. You called the dynaudio system crap. Your opinions on this forum regarding sound system quality is now about as valid as jar jar binks value to the star wars franchise.

Haha I get the reference, good one it was, but opinions r opinions, we all move on

pjd2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, sorry guys! Had no idea this thread was still alive.

I ended up getting the car out the door for $19k. Only thing I felt bad about was having to do the DSG servicing myself. Luckily the dealer worked it out and did the service for $250.

In terms of quality, absolutely everything is top notch. To peoples comments about the leather seats.. These aren't just leather...they're premium leather bucket seats. I honestly can't say I've sat in better leather seats in any car.

The Dynaudio system is great if you're used to strictly stock systems. I'm most definitely a self proclaimed audiophile and I already did a custom audio build while retaining the stock speakers.

Biggest downfall is by far the OEM RNS-315 headunit. Even the 510 is lackluster. Everything about these units look like they're from 2005. I plan on upgrading to a nice Android Auto unit down the line which should solve this problem. The XM quality is also awful so please never use that as a baseline for sound. In general XM is lesser quality but both my unit and my dad's Jetta have terrible XM sound. Our Hyundai with its base stereo actually sounds better.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
in Nov. 2014 i paid $19100 for my 2011 42k miles Autobahn GTI Fully Loading 4 door with a CPO.

PS: the Seats are awesome.