GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 01-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #1555
2012TP
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Slow
Took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon, and joined the 330 crowd. Unit was straight plug & play on my Dynaudio equipped car.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #1556
Aashish8123

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TP View Post
Took advantage of the eBay 15% off coupon, and joined the 330 crowd. Unit was straight plug & play on my Dynaudio equipped car.

How long did it take to ship? and link plz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aashish8123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #1557
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TP View Post
Is that MirrorLink? I think my phone has that.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #1558
SkyNet
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Leon TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailPower View Post
Is that MirrorLink? I think my phone has that.

This is CarPlay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SkyNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #1559
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
This is CarPlay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gotcha.

I use AndroidAuto but I also have MirrorLink on my phone so I might give that a shot also and see which interface I prefer.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
Old 01-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #1560
ACHILLES R32
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
So I was getting ready to test the 5515 firmware , but it looks like the thread has been deleted. I even had it bookmarked . When I click on it it's no longer available.
Sneaky if you ask me, but of course the paid for version is being advertised. V5516

Sent from my Pixel 2
APR Stage 1 - PolarFIS - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - StopTech Sport Pads - StopTech Slotted Rotors (Cryo) - Neuspeed SS Brake Lines - TyrolSport Brake Stiffening Kit - Unibrace UB - TyrolSport Hatch Brace
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #1561
ImitationMan
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI 4Dr CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32 View Post
So I was getting ready to test the 5515 firmware , but it looks like the thread has been deleted. I even had it bookmarked . When I click on it it's no longer available.
Sneaky if you ask me, but of course the paid for version is being advertised. V5516

Sent from my Pixel 2

Well, goturks did get banned from here about the time he started the RCD 330 forum/website. I've been following the 5515/5516 firmware updates too and I probably won't buy a firmware update from them since he can never give a straight answer about why he charged for the 5515, then released it for free and now wants people to pay for 5516 two weeks later and won't shed and details on future development.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #1562
dcnz
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32 View Post
I have a copy of the 5515 firmware from that thread if you want it. I did the update earlier in the week and it worked fine.
dcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:05 PM   #1563
ACHILLES R32
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImitationMan View Post
Well, goturks did get banned from here about the time he started the RCD 330 forum/website. I've been following the 5515/5516 firmware updates too and I probably won't buy a firmware update from them since he can never give a straight answer about why he charged for the 5515, then released it for free and now wants people to pay for 5516 two weeks later and won't shed and details on future development.
I understand that it costs money for them to test the firmware and what not. Would have been better if he asked for donations instead.

But yeah the fact that he charged $20 for it and then released it for free. Then deleted all traces of it and released 5516 for 15 is just a bit dishonest. And he even stated in the thread that anyone that paid money for 5515 will get future updates for free. Yeah right .

Sent from my Pixel 2
APR Stage 1 - PolarFIS - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - StopTech Sport Pads - StopTech Slotted Rotors (Cryo) - Neuspeed SS Brake Lines - TyrolSport Brake Stiffening Kit - Unibrace UB - TyrolSport Hatch Brace
Old 01-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #1564
ACHILLES R32
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcnz View Post
I have a copy of the 5515 firmware from that thread if you want it. I did the update earlier in the week and it worked fine.
Thanks I got a pm for the file

Sent from my Pixel 2
Old 01-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #1565
Huacha
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Any chance I can get a copy of 5515 as well?
Old 01-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #1566
torga
Autocross Champion

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcnz View Post
Could I please get a copy of this file? I bought my 330 at the end of December, so it should hopefully be delivered by the end of January.
torga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #1567
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Yeah it sounds like they aren't managing the development/updates of the firmware well at all. In some sense, you imagine they should just be free. On the other hand, I understand that they end up bricking the units that they test on and require purchasing of new ones constantly. I just think the method of requesting the funds needs to be worked on. They come across as shady instead.

They should do like "crowd funding" for the development of new firmware and then release it free upon release. This way, they are being funded by individuals that want some enhancements, but in the end, it makes their product better overall which will end up in future head units that they sell. It's a win win for them and the end users that want additional features.

If you are a customer that is satisfied where it currently stands, then yeah, you don't need to fund any development for future enhancements. On the other end to that, if there requires "fixing" to the software, it should be a free release always.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #1568
Atsiki
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf
People work hard and take a risk for test it and make it final version stabile one for us.
Each firmware have risk to birick when they test first time i mean who work on it and i know he already brick 2-3 motherboards when create firmware. So i think 15 euro not big deal , even sallers ( aliexpress) dont help us for firmware and plus all new firmwares come from rcd330plus.com even sallers they buy from gokturks. If he dont work for firmware then we still use 5314 right ! dont forget , but now we have siri and ok google volume control with 5516 , anyways .if dont want pay then have link 5515 some other forum and link ( but i dont trust because can brick easly if update with wrong one i just trust rcd330 site because they test and show video it work no problem) and have free link for 5314 use this who dont want pay )

Last edited by Atsiki; 01-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Atsiki is offline   Reply With Quote