GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTi seats interchangeable from model to model?

FlyingYeti

Passed Driver's Ed
I prefer having leather seats because I think it stays cleaner both aesthetically and smell wise. As the 2011 comes with leather option only when all the options added to it, I am thinking hard about settling for cloth seats so I don't pay $6-8000 worth of options I don't need. My 2000 GTi has leather seats and they still look new, and I was wondering if they could be easily swapped into 2011 model... just front seats. Not that I am going to do it, but I am just curious.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Difficult to do due to the airbag connections, which can be inadvertently set off during installation. I would recommend that you just go for leather, which will give you xenon and the better radio and sunroof while you are at it.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Look for a 2010 or a demo if you don't want to spend the difference personally I love the cloth. I doubt the seats will work but there's always a chance.

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
Buy the 2011 with cloth, but have an experienced auto upholstery shop re-cover them in leather. Bonus: you can ask for red stitching which should have been a no-brainer decision for whomever designed the leather interior for the 2010 MkVI.

I wouldn't attempt to put 10+ year old seats in a brand new car, but that's just me.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
you can ask for red stitching which should have been a no-brainer decision for whomever designed the leather interior for the 2010 MkVI.

Ditto! I love leather but they look to plain in the GTI especially after seeing the cloth. Red stiching and red GTI logo on the seats and red stiching on the armrest would have possibly swayed my decision on going with leather.

I wish they would have put some red stitching on the door armrests. Looks a little plain once you look below the upper door trim.

wildcars

Ready to race!
Agree, i got leather in my car, it smells nice, and also easier to clean i must add!

But they could've made it a little prettier!