GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sick and tired...

Bender1

Banned
Years ago, I just got my Celica out of the paint shop (fixing a minor door dent) and on the way home, carefully parked it in a shopping center. When I came out, there was an SUV parked very close and you could see where the rear door hit and dented the spot that I just had repaired. :mad0259:

I decided to be a butthead and I waited for the owner. Turns out his kid kicked their door open into mine, and it was proved when we opened his door and the dent lined up perfectly. "Sorry, you know, kids are kids."

"Yup, and your car just dented my car, and I really don't care how it happened, because I JUST got that door re-painted TODAY. We had an accident. License and insurance info, please." He was pissed, but I threatened to call the cops or get him for hit and run. He paid the repair bill.

Maybe next time, he'll have some control over his kid.

I LOVE this.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Years ago, I just got my Celica out of the paint shop (fixing a minor door dent) and on the way home, carefully parked it in a shopping center. When I came out, there was an SUV parked very close and you could see where the rear door hit and dented the spot that I just had repaired. :mad0259:

I decided to be a butthead and I waited for the owner. Turns out his kid kicked their door open into mine, and it was proved when we opened his door and the dent lined up perfectly. "Sorry, you know, kids are kids."

"Yup, and your car just dented my car, and I really don't care how it happened, because I JUST got that door re-painted TODAY. We had an accident. License and insurance info, please." He was pissed, but I threatened to call the cops or get him for hit and run. He paid the repair bill.

Maybe next time, he'll have some control over his kid.

I LOVE this.

x2

My problem is that I'm not zealous enough to do a 360 of my car every time I get back to it, but I suppose I should start worrying about it. I do note every time I park in a public parking lot (read: not work) which cars are parked next to me even if I park far away, and I'm usually pretty sure how long I'll be parking in a particular spot for whatever errand I'm running. If I do see a different car from when I initially parked, I usually will at least do a cursory look over my car to see if anything had happened - you have to be careful about those Asian shopping centers, they're the worst.

LT4Life

Passed Driver's Ed
I know exactly how you feel man I'm like that myself..

I like to wash my own car and when I do there's always a new scratch or something I find and it frustrates the hell out of me.

When I park at work or any other place I tend to park as far as possible usually on a corner spot where no one can park on the drivers side. Parking near bmws, Mercedes, and so forth is also a good idea.

Those are the worse (IMHO). They tend to not care more since they have the money to just trade in the next year for a new one. Those who do own such brands and care tend to do the same thing we are discussing here.

Never park near a mini-van or large SUV. I like the far as possible. The walk is good exercise, gives you time to think about what you are about to take care of (so you don't forget something and have to call the wife to ask what she wanted again), and gives the world an opportunity to see what a real car should look like (I love my GTI!).

Submerge

Ready to race!
As others have mentioned. Double parking is a big no-no. Its just rude and attracts unwanted attention. In fact it pisses a lot of people off. Especially when parking is scarce.
Do what others have mentioned....just park far away and hope for the best.