GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

finally got my quad xenon retrofits done.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Worked on the alignment last night....it takes a few alignment sessions, but man is it ridiculous amount of light. And people are a-holes around me especially when you have high beams on.................I drove around for about 45 minutes last night, no one flipped me and the light output is insane.

I did find some sample LED strip lights I got over a year ago, and popped them in this weekend, after taking the light apart again.......... and they fit below the black bottom shroud so nice... and these things are insanely bright too I cant get a good shot of them from 10 feet away, only close up can you see them

Dancar LED position lights are the samples I put in.

Attachments

• led DRL 2.jpg
    led DRL 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 476
  • led DRL.jpg
    led DRL.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
If you look close enough, you will see how thin the led DRL is at the bottom of lense.

Also of note, basically plug and play, with ZERO bulb errors.

:happyanim:

Attachments

• dualquadLEDdrl.jpg
    dualquadLEDdrl.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,488
  • dualquadLEDdrl2.jpg
    dualquadLEDdrl2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,420

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
So I'm looking at getting a set of quad Xenons on my 2010 from Sir Dubs. Finding anything OEM/aftermarket seems futile. Obviously have a budget in mind since I'll have this car another year or so but these things will resell like hotcakes anyways. Debating quad vs. dual w/HID fogs as DRLs.

Questions (Total lighting newb. except experience with the Mk7's lights).
what can they be programmed to do? What does the quad offer over the dual?
Can I have one set as DRLs and the others as low with all 4 as high?
Is the dual "halogen-free"? Don't want no halogen!

Also (doubt it totally) can you add LED strips to the duals as DRLs so they look like the OEM ones?

Last edited:

pecalin

Hello,

I am willing to make a retrofit to my headlights with the quad bi-xenon setup, but I have a question: How can you adjust the height level of all the xenons ?

The height level can only be adjusted on the low beam reflector (exterior lens). The high beam is fixed.

Is it possible to adjust the height level on all the lenses with the OEM switch ?

Best regards,
Calin