GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #45333
Blakcard
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
It wasn't a 3M Scotch Brite, was it?
nope nope nope. Just a Dollar store non abrasive type. And used very lightly with lots of soapy mix like a clay bar. Tried the clay bar even and that didn't work. I tested a small spot first to see if it disturbed the bumper paint and my tender finger tips were satisfied
Old 06-24-2019, 01:53 PM   #45334
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowTownRacer View Post
Is there a performance reason you switched the reservoir?
No, a few weeks ago I had a strange thing happen where the resevoir basically drained itself. Suspected the water pump at first but I drove back to IL from NC and didn't lose a drop. That had me scratching my head. Another user suggested it might be the resevoir not making a tight seal and having it slosh out on the track. I suspected that might be the issue so I replaced it. I'm not sure that was it though as it didn't seem to be leaking after I took it off and put it upside down etc. I think I have a gremlin somewhere.

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
improvise. adapt. overcome
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #45335
godnf8
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 4DR GTI
New coolant reservoir (found leak in testing after timing chain work), put panels back on from timing job, got new oil pan installed (2nd time, so far no leaks!) with my first upgrades (ecs magnetic plug and oil sensor cover). Got all previous codes cleared with odbeleven and car seems to be running great, first time driving it in weeks. Thanks again for all the help @Tony48!
godnf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #45336
MK6_Martinez
Oval Champion

Drives: Candy White 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
15 days and no response? Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
seems about right. Why i changed tuners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Damn maybe I've just been lucky but I've received all revisions within 5-6 days. Sometimes as quick as next day. And my car isn't the most simple setup (ported & polished k04).
After reading about a few of these cases, I opted to not go with Stratified myself.
I went with Freektuned and saw revisions reliably 5-7 business days after sending logs.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #45337
GolNat
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2013 Base 6 MT
These are getting installed Friday. Should give the OEM exhaust a little extra bling to go along with the extra sound.

Mother efin deer ran into the side of me. Got a tiny dent and scratch. Probably not worth the deductable but I'll get it looked at.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #45338
torga
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
These are getting installed Friday. Should give the OEM exhaust a little extra bling to go along with the extra sound.

Mother efin deer ran into the side of me. Got a tiny dent and scratch. Probably not worth the deductable but I'll get it looked at.
Those look great. What brand are they? The tips that came with my Beluga exhaust don't look as good as these.
Sorry to hear about that deer
Engine/Drivetrain: GIAC Stage 1+, Beluga CBE, BSH mounts, BSH intake, ECS SSK, GFB DV+, Neuspeed pipes; Suspension: FK Streetline-X coils, H&R rear ARB, Rotiform RSE; Exterior/Interior: OEM R20 Euro tails, BFI shift knob, RCD330+ // full mod list
torga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #45339
GolNat
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torga View Post
Those look great. What brand are they? The tips that came with my Beluga exhaust don't look as good as these.
Jones Exhaust. Got 2 of them from Summit for $37 shipped. Clicky JST139.It's hard to find tips that are short enough. Found an old thread on MK7 forum of guys using these. Don't know how they will hold up to winter but for the price figured wth. They feel very solid and well made for the price.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that deer
Thanks. Hit a deer about a year and half ago in my Fit and caused 3-4k in damage. From how hard it sounded like it hit, the car held up well. Japanese steel VS that German tank steel lol

I took a pic but it's hard to see. It basically dented the hard line around the fender area. The deer looked up, stopped eating and just starting running across the field at me.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:04 AM   #45340
snobrdrdan
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: no VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
nope nope nope. Just a Dollar store non abrasive type. And used very lightly with lots of soapy mix like a clay bar. Tried the clay bar even and that didn't work. I tested a small spot first to see if it disturbed the bumper paint and my tender finger tips were satisfied
Hey, you never know...lol
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #45341
torga
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Jones Exhaust. Got 2 of them from Summit for $37 shipped. Clicky JST139.It's hard to find tips that are short enough. Found an old thread on MK7 forum of guys using these. Don't know how they will hold up to winter but for the price figured wth. They feel very solid and well made for the price.
The site says they're weld-on tips. Do you think there's enough of a lip to grab with an exhaust clamp? I'd love to see a photo once you get them installed.
Engine/Drivetrain: GIAC Stage 1+, Beluga CBE, BSH mounts, BSH intake, ECS SSK, GFB DV+, Neuspeed pipes; Suspension: FK Streetline-X coils, H&R rear ARB, Rotiform RSE; Exterior/Interior: OEM R20 Euro tails, BFI shift knob, RCD330+ // full mod list
torga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #45342
Blakcard
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Hey, you never know...lol
All good. True story.. my lil brother (rest in peace Bro) talked my other brother into washing his first car (green '92 Camaro ) with a SOS pad cause it was really dirty. I really wish I had the pics to show you those swirl marks. Mike chased Dwayne to the gas station almost a mile away after he rinse the soap off.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #45343
GolNat
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torga View Post
The site says they're weld-on tips. Do you think there's enough of a lip to grab with an exhaust clamp? I'd love to see a photo once you get them installed.
I'll definitely be posting up a pic after they are installed.

Ummm I doubt you could get a clamp on there. It is also pretty thick and won't compress much. I'd be worried they might not stay on very well with a clamp. The shop quoted me $20-$40 to install both if they are just cut old ones off and weld new ones on, which they really should be.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #45344
smanierre
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
This past weekend I swapped my front coilovers around so the endlink tabs are facing the front of the car instead of the back. Now the endlinks I have are too long to fit so i'm not running any until I get new ones. I did develop some rather loud clunks though so I gotta get under there to try and figure out what they are for the 5th time. BBK getting here tomorrow, although probably won't be a while until I get that on. Also making big cuts to the amount I spend on my car in order safe for a house, feels bad.
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Stratified E30 Tune | IE Intercooler | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | Turbosmart Plumb Back DV | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | VWR Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck | YCW Aeris Series Coilovers
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 AM   #45345
CowTownRacer
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI (6 spd)
Went from Cobb stage 2 to a Stratified stage 2 tune today. Wow. What a difference it makes! Was not expecting that kind of differnce.
2012 2dr CSG GTI | COBB Stage 2 | COBB Big SF Intake | SPM 3" Turbo Back Street Exhaust (w/ Track Mid-Pipe) | Wavetrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | GFB DV+ | Bilstein B16 Coilovers| Unibrace Triology | APR Short Shifter Kit | Raceseng Slam
CowTownRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:02 AM   #45346
Spoonylove
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowTownRacer View Post
Went from Cobb stage 2 to a Stratified stage 2 tune today. Wow. What a difference it makes! Was not expecting that kind of differnce.

Yeah man, the Cobb tunes are very very conservative. I used to run an AP/strat tune and full Cobb bolt ons but last year I sold it all and went full Unitronic bolt ons. Why? Because I like spending retarded amounts of money on shit thatís basically the same. With that said, uni k04/dv relocation will be in around Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i pooped today, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?