GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

smanierre

Autocross Champion
497whp 2.4 bar overboost and 2.0bar at 7000rpm

Damn, that's basically right where I want to be. Is the turbo maxed out or does it still have some room?

parteo

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn, that's basically right where I want to be. Is the turbo maxed out or does it still have some room?

The turbo is not max out.We tried 2.7 overboost 2.3 boost at 7000rpm and make 30whp more.we decided to stop foe safety at 2.4 overboost and 2.0 bar at 7000 rpm

parteo

Passed Driver's Ed
inally i finished my set up
gtx2976 w/g
ns racing exhaust manifold
hpa intake nanifold
apr intercooler
zzp injectors
hpfp loba(cawb)
tuned by dynodrome
big lpfp(0-400 tune to race)
cp pistons
intergrated rods
exhaust cam shaft reprofile
supertech kit reteiners etc
snow perfomance 60/40 water methanol
dyno plot below

Attachments

• foto5.jpg
    foto5.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 251

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Want an aquamist setup? I'm going to be selling mine shortly. Can do it with my dual tank setup and two FAV valves. Pretty perfect setup for you as you want fuel and cooling.

Thanks U-20T. Not at this time. If I decide to tune for WM, I will hit you up. Just want to get the car 100 percent happy on 91 with this unique setup.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
always forget about this forum since everything is pretty much social media nowadays.

Got my car running pretty good on straight pump e85(e80) about 25psi but this was definitely beyond the sustainable limit of the hpfp volume. Dropping the ethanol percentage is better. Now just waiting on that big bore pump

2010 GTI(all wheel drive)
UM Tuning
APR 3071 turbo kit
Nostrum HPFP
Nostrum Injectors
TTRS LPFP
IE Rods
Other normal bolt ons

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
always forget about this forum since everything is pretty much social media nowadays.

Got my car running pretty good on straight pump e85(e80) about 25psi but this was definitely beyond the sustainable limit of the hpfp volume. Dropping the ethanol percentage is better. Now just waiting on that big bore pump

2010 GTI(all wheel drive)
UM Tuning
APR 3071 turbo kit
Nostrum HPFP
Nostrum Injectors
TTRS LPFP
IE Rods
Other normal bolt ons

As Borat would say,"Very nice, I like."

Short of the injectors and fueling, we have the same setup. I have a gen 2 GTX versus the gen 1 you have the from the APR kit. Good to know what the HPFP can do on E85.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
hey guys. Been having an issue since going BT. power cuts out when going into boost, can be in 3rd 4th or 5th. never know when its going to happen, sometime its 1st time hitting boost and sometime its after many WOT runs. Car is failsafing bad and once it cuts power it wont come back on until i restart the car.. thinking its one of the pumps, how does one test for a bad/clogged pump?