GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 06-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
bblhd
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 GTI...H&R sport kit
Fog Light Load resistor install

I replaced my fog lights with LED's and received the bulb out error code on my dash. so I bought a set of load resistors to clear the error. I am looking for recommendations for where to mount them. the packaging says the resistors get hot, and not to mount to plastic or painted surfaces... any pics/recommendations would be helpful.
bblhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
For that reason I didnt use resistor in my led fog, you have to buy some higher voltage LED to clear the bulb out error without using the resistor.

This is the one I bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282024811855...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
theunholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
TALON AE
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI - 4dr, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunholy View Post
For that reason I didnt use resistor in my led fog, you have to buy some higher voltage LED to clear the bulb out error without using the resistor.

This is the one I bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282024811855...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Interesting. How long have you been running them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TALON AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALON AE View Post
Interesting. How long have you been running them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
almost a month, no code, no fan. Its a little too bright, but it shouldn't blind the incoming traffic since you can see the cut off.
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
theunholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
For the metal resistors originally - check out this DIY which uses our de360 fogs:
DIY showing where you can place the resistors

our de360 can be turned 360 degrees so you can find the best spot in your reflector housing which means it offers the best beam angle vs other models where you cannot turn the LED so you are stuck wherever the bulb points in your housing which can lead to a bad beam angle or blinding glare.

listing for the de360 fog LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti...-fog-light-kit

And we have a lifetime warranty if you have any issues we will replace these for you.

But it is very interesting they worked error free - do you have any other vcd mods that could have eliminated the errors on those?

Even the listing you shared suggest load resistors for error free operation.

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
aeffertz
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com View Post
For the metal resistors originally - check out this DIY which uses our de360 fogs:
DIY showing where you can place the resistors

our de360 can be turned 360 degrees so you can find the best spot in your reflector housing which means it offers the best beam angle vs other models where you cannot turn the LED so you are stuck wherever the bulb points in your housing which can lead to a bad beam angle or blinding glare.

listing for the de360 fog LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti...-fog-light-kit

And we have a lifetime warranty if you have any issues we will replace these for you.

But it is very interesting they worked error free - do you have any other vcd mods that could have eliminated the errors on those?

Even the listing you shared suggest load resistors for error free operation.
Would you be willing to sell just the resistor kit? I have switched to the Golf R front bumper and have bulb out errors for the LED DRLs.
aeffertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #7
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeffertz View Post
Would you be willing to sell just the resistor kit? I have switched to the Golf R front bumper and have bulb out errors for the LED DRLs.
We have a lot of updates 3 years later - brighter LED fog and smaller no need to attach to metal / plug and play resistors. They are expensive and we discount count them to $15 if you have our LED fogs but normally do not sell separately if not purchased from us.

Thank you

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote