GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #29
Chatchie
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 CC 2.0 LUX
This has been out for a few weeks now. Anybody got a review/impressions?

I'm waiting for the APR sale to get this done as I'd like to get the TCU tune at the same time
Old 06-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #30
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
FWIW, we've completed updating the remaining ECU families (A3, Q3, Leon, Tiguan, and other similar platforms). Those aren't online yet. We'll be loading them first for the ones requested. If you have a code that's not updated yet, please contact support@goapr.com and we'll load the file.
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #31
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatchie View Post

I'm waiting for the APR sale to get this done as I'd like to get the TCU tune at the same time
Kinda, although I haven't been able to get on it too much lately due to rain. My shifting is pretty well rectified. I don't have nearly as bad of a delay in down or upshifts as I did before and the car feels more stable. Gas mileage has improved slightly as well but I think it's mostly due to them nerfing first gear a little bit which I think was necessary in order to achieve this version's goal. You can tell first gear is a little lacking in comparison to v2.4, but the shift between 1st and 2nd is pretty quick and pops you right back into the same powerband you expect. Unfortunately I don't have a v2.4 dyno so I can't really compare the two, but I'm sure someone has or will have the two graphs side by side to depict my assumptions.

I would recommend it obviously, but I already had APR prior to this update so there's no real purpose for me to shop for other tuners out there now that my main concerns have been addressed with this release.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 AM   #32
MosDubVI
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Does this update apply to DSG cars only? Or are there things addressed with manual cars as well?
MosDubVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #33
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosDubVI View Post
Does this update apply to DSG cars only? Or are there things addressed with manual cars as well?
All
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #34
Mr_Dog
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GLI
Been on it for a couple thousand KM's now and it is a huge difference in D, no more hard faceplants in 2/3rd.

Also nice little note:

About a year ago, I got a DSG tune and for some reason during launch control the RPM would not automatically regulate for me(It's a 2012 and I did not have it from factory like the 2013 on wards doo). When setting it up the shop set up the 3 different points but nothing. It turned out APR needed to update things on their end.

It was not super important to me, I could still launch but reported it to them anyway. They were nice about it, said sorry, told me they cant guarantee when it will be done and different to refund the tune.

Seems like this was rolled into the 2.5 Tune for me. I tried launching it the other day and noticed all 3 Launch points are now working .
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:55 AM   #35
Dimbos666
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: mk6 GTI 2012 APR stg2
2.5 version 100-200 time?
Dimbos666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:48 AM   #36
SteveInLA
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI, CW w/DSG, Sunroof, Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatchie View Post

I can confirm that the low rpm DSG problem I have had since at least when I updated to 2.4 and maybe longer is 100% gone and the car performs better than ever. I can't give any exact figures, but the butt dyno says the car has more power and the jerking from a full stop is gone. THANK YOU APR!
SteveInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #37
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Anyone having cold start issues after updating to the new version? I get in on a cold engine, and crank and it just continuously tries to turn over till i release the key and try again. Kicks over immediately. Had it happen once in a blue moon before the update, but it happened twice yesterday. Might be in-tank fuel pump or fuel, but just wanted to see if I'm alone or not.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #38
TALON AE
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI - 4dr, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Anyone having cold start issues after updating to the new version? I get in on a cold engine, and crank and it just continuously tries to turn over till i release the key and try again. Kicks over immediately. Had it happen once in a blue moon before the update, but it happened twice yesterday. Might be in-tank fuel pump or fuel, but just wanted to see if I'm alone or not.

Focal, did you have the VW ECU update from a few years back (related to cold start issues) applied before having APR reflash you?

I seem to recall a discussion back when the 2.0 tune first came out saying that you should have that update applied even if running a tune (although it will wipe out the APR tune and require a reflash).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TALON AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:36 AM   #39
dcpppf
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 VW GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post

Hmm... Seems more than coincidental that it started happening more frequently with the tune. I had this happen a few times years back. Stopped going to the gas station I was using at the time and started going to Costco damn near 100% of the time and haven't had the issue again. Might just try switching it up before you get too far down the rabbit hole.
2012 CSG GTI MT Autobahn Timeline: 20% Tint // Clear Bra // APR Stage 1 Tune // DG Short Shifter // Verdict Shifter Bushings // 10" Uberstealth Sub Setup // Soundaktor Delete // BFI Dogbone Insert // APR 3" Downpipe & Tune // ECS Auto Hatch Pop // DEPO Black Cherry Tails // R8 Packs // Tinted Side Markers // Sachs SRE Clutch + PP // DV+ // Shortened Shifter Shaft // deAutokey LEDs // Polar FIS Adv// Euro Headlight Switch // Dash Cubby // Unitronic CAI (replaced Carbonio) // Unitronic Catback
dcpppf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #40
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpppf View Post
Hmm... Seems more than coincidental that it started happening more frequently with the tune. I had this happen a few times years back. Stopped going to the gas station I was using at the time and started going to Costco damn near 100% of the time and haven't had the issue again. Might just try switching it up before you get too far down the rabbit hole.
Yeah I have a feeling it might be gas-related. I'll burn the tank through and see if things change on the next tank.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:08 AM   #41
Dimbos666
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: mk6 GTI 2012 APR stg2
Dear friends, whether you can prompt good time for stage 2 in version 2.4 and version 2.5 in discipline of dispersals 100-200?
Dimbos666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #42
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimbos666 View Post
Dear friends, whether you can prompt good time for stage 2 in version 2.4 and version 2.5 in discipline of dispersals 100-200?
Try posting your question in russian so we can translate it better, since something is getting lost in your english translation here.

Попробуйте опубликовать свой вопрос на русском языке, чтобы мы могли лучше его перевести, поскольку в вашем английском переводе что-то теряется