GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #43
Tony48
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
what is your injector MS time, and log your constant fuel trim. OEM fuel pump and oem hpfp are good till a little over 400hp on 93
STFT and Injection time are shown on this log:
https://datazap.me/u/tony48/stratifi....29&tmax=15.04

Injection time varies from 4.x to 10.x. STFT maxes out at 1.25. I didn't expect to have fueling issues with a K04...would be nice to figure this out.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 AM   #44
Black_gti_blaze
Ready to race!

Drives: 2012 Gti 6MT
It’s definitely tune related.

Some pulls are nice, others feel crappy. It feels even crappier if you jump on the throttle in attempt to catch the car off guard. That’s when you really feel it struggling for fuel...

Last edited by Black_gti_blaze; 06-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Black_gti_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #45
OhioMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI - 2DR Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
STFT and Injection time are shown on this log:
https://datazap.me/u/tony48/stratifi....29&tmax=15.04

Injection time varies from 4.x to 10.x. STFT maxes out at 1.25. I didn't expect to have fueling issues with a K04...would be nice to figure this out.
Those logs look familiar It's frustrating for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_gti_blaze View Post
Itís definitely tune related.

Some pills are nice, others feel crappy. It feels even crappier if you jump on the throttle in attempt to catch the car off guard. Thatís when you really feel it struggling for fuel...
Yeah, punching the throttle after being off throttle gives the fueling all sorts of issues it seems.

Everyone, please post your boxcodes so we can see if this is effecting only certain ECU's.
Borg Warner K04 | Stratified Protune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
OhioMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #46
Tony48
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI / K04 / 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
Everyone, please post your boxcodes so we can see if this is effecting only certain ECU's.
My Vehicle ID via Accessport info is VLK_CBFA_115AT_12
Old 06-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #47
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
10 sec is a maxed out injector, probably based upon the low fuel pressures.

you should not be maxing the fuel system on a k04.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #48
93serprise
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black 2012 4 door DSG GTI
I am flashing back to stratified tune from unitronic when i get home to get some info from my accessport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CTS K04 w/ Stratified crackle tune ,Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune, Neuspeed FMIC, Neuspeed TOP, CTS Turbo throttle pipe, Fluidampr, Godspeed DP, Magnaflow CBE, Integrated Engineering intake, R8 Coilpacks, DV+, 30% tint, NS boost gauge kit, BFI torque insert, Spulen dog bone mount, SPM rear sway bar, Eurosport Rear brace, Unibrace UB, H&R SS springs, Depo LED Tails, Blue blindspot mirrors, BFI Stage 2 mounts, Style 628 Alzor wheels, YK580's.
93serprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #49
OhioMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93serprise View Post
I am flashing back to stratified tune from unitronic when i get home to get some info from my accessport.

How is your rail pressure and fuel trims when on Unitronic software? Really curious! Not sure if you have VagCom or if the Accessport logs while running other software...
Borg Warner K04 | Stratified Protune | SouthBend Stage 2 Daily Clutch | ECS Tuning Intake - SPM Downpipe - Corsa RSC Catback - GFB DV+ - Audi R8 Coils + NGK IX Plugs - Koni Coilovers - 3SDM 0.06 Wheels - Hankook Evo V12 - HAWK HPS 5.0 Pads - ECS Tuning SS Brake Lines - Ziza Golf R Tails - ECS Tuning Street Shield - Eonon GA5153f Android Headunit
Old 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #50
MmmmmBoost
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI MK6
This is what Alex explained to me from stratified:

The rail pressure command is what the ECU is demanding from the HPFP which in turn is part of the tables in the tune.
The actual fuel pressure is what the system is able to achieve. Physical constraints such as fuel pump speed (engine speed), amount pumped per stroke and fuel demand itself will determine whether or not target is met.
The amount of fuel injected is a function of both pressure and injection time. You will see the HPFP pressure is lowest at peak torque because the engine speed is lower at that point. However at lower engine speeds you have a lot longer to inject the fuel. The injection time can safely increase to deliver the target air-fuel ratio.
If you want to keep an eye on the fuel system as a whole keep an eye on two things. Whether AFR tracks AFR Command and the STFT (short term fuel trims) becoming pegged at 1.25. When both the HPFP pressure and injection time have physically reached their limit, the ECU will peg STFT to 1.25 and you will start to see AFR become leaner than command.
MmmmmBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #51
93serprise

Quote:
How is your rail pressure and fuel trims when on Unitronic software? Really curious! Not sure if you have VagCom or if the Accessport logs while running other software...

I wish i could tell i donít have vagcom and the cobb AP wont read anything while I am on the Unitronic tune.

CTS K04 w/ Stratified crackle tune ,Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune, Neuspeed FMIC, Neuspeed TOP, CTS Turbo throttle pipe, Fluidampr, Godspeed DP, Magnaflow CBE, Integrated Engineering intake, R8 Coilpacks, DV+, 30% tint, NS boost gauge kit, BFI torque insert, Spulen dog bone mount, SPM rear sway bar, Eurosport Rear brace, Unibrace UB, H&R SS springs, Depo LED Tails, Blue blindspot mirrors, BFI Stage 2 mounts, Style 628 Alzor wheels, YK580's.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #52
OhioMK6
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
I wish i could tell i donít have vagcom and the cobb AP wont read anything while I am on the Unitronic tune.

Anyone in East Texas that can loan this guy a VagCom cable? For science!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #53
MmmmmBoost
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI MK6
Quote:
Anyone in East Texas that can loan this guy a VagCom cable? For science!
Just get a knock off from AliExpress, works great.
MmmmmBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #54
93serprise

About to pull the trigger on one tonight and will see what my Unitronic tune shows versus the stratified tune.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #55
Stock-GTI
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_gti_blaze View Post
Itís definitely tune related.

Some pulls are nice, others feel crappy. It feels even crappier if you jump on the throttle in attempt to catch the car off guard. Thatís when you really feel it struggling for fuel...
I have the same problem on two different tunes. It's not Stratified but I'm guessing an issue with the Cobb base software our tunes are built on. On certain ecus some table is affecting (or affected by) the calculation of load and is putting a limitation on fueling. If that's the case Cobb needs to figure it out and issue a fix.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #56
Stock-GTI
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
About to pull the trigger on one tonight and will see what my Unitronic tune shows versus the stratified tune.

https://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php

Should help with vcds logging, so you can record the necessary parameters.