GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need a bit of help.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys/gals, I need a bit of your knowledge/help.

So, over the past 2 days, Thur/Fri, I had my FK Streetlines, fr/rr sways, Stern sub frame brace, wheels & tires, HID's in my fogs, Forge Diverter valve and VF Engineering intake installed in my GTi. The car looks great, exactly how I wanted it to, couldnt ask for it to be any better.

However, that being said, when i got in the car, it cycled and produced 2 issues visible on the MFD and by their warning lights. It showed one that said ABS/ESP and the 2nd was for the air bag. I'm not 100% sure why it would show either of these. There was no CEL and he connected something to the car showing no codes. Can someone help me with this, I'm new to Vdub so I'm a bit clueless on how or why that could or would happen. Perhaps during the install of some of the parts its something that happens if they have to unplug or remove something to get something installed etc...?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help or ideas.

StayStetti

Banned
Might've clipped an airbag sensor/abs sensor somewhere? Try clearing the codes with vagcom and see if they come back.

watson

Ready to race!
I had something similar pop up after I had disconnected the battery, but it cleared itself after driving a bit. Hope you get your issues fixed...nothing worse than something like this coming up to tarnish new mods...

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Might've clipped an airbag sensor/abs sensor somewhere? Try clearing the codes with vagcom and see if they come back.

The guy at the shop told me basically drive around for a bit, see if they clear on their own, if not, bring them back mid-week and they'll get them cleared for me. I guess that's the only thing right now.

I had something similar pop up after I had disconnected the battery, but it cleared itself after driving a bit. Hope you get your issues fixed...nothing worse than something like this coming up to tarnish new mods...

Thanks, it really is a pain, you love the way the car looks and you're so ready to test out all the money you've spent when you get these lights that send you into a mini panic. At least it didnt throw any codes so thats a good start, I'm gonna put some miles on it and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
If there are warning lights showing on your dash, then there are going to be codes in the system. Maybe the guy did not use a VW specific Vag-Com tool to scan it, but I can pretty much guarantee you if you scan it with a Vag-Com it will pull the codes that are causing the lights. Dash lights don't just come on without faults.

StayStetti

Banned
If there are warning lights showing on your dash, then there are going to be codes in the system. Maybe the guy did not use a VW specific Vag-Com tool to scan it, but I can pretty much guarantee you if you scan it with a Vag-Com it will pull the codes that are causing the lights. Dash lights don't just come on without faults.

We're saying that the fault most likely is registering from when the mechanic disconnected the sensors, then reconnected, but the fault is still registering. It happens all the time.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion

This week at some point I'll take it back if they dont cycle out of the system from just daily driving. They asked me to, so I'll give them a heads up call so they have a vag-com handy when i go there.

We're saying that the fault most likely is registering from when the mechanic disconnected the sensors, then reconnected, but the fault is still registering. It happens all the time.

I'm hoping thats what it is, it makes the most sense, plus he plugged something into it and it threw no codes. I'm hoping its just the unplugging and replugging of sensors. I remember when my gas cap wasnt closed properly, i tightened it but the light stayed on for a hot minute while i drove for a few days.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion

That's definitely possible. You can certainly just clear the fault in Vag-Com and see whether or not it comes back on. Airbag wires are always yellow, and its usually not a good idea to mess around with the wires or unplug sensors related to the air bag system.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully I can have them cleared with the VAG-COM and then figure out whether or not they come back. I am hoping its attributed to them unplugging etc... I dont think you can do too much damage to wiring installing a front sway, diverter valve and an HID kit in the fogs.