GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG all the time?

Digiend

So from what I've read the newer DSG's are supposed to be a bit more reliable than their older counterparts. I happen to really like using the sequential shifter almost daily in my Golf. I plan to change the gear box fluid at 40k but I hope something more expensive doesn't fail soon. Has anyone heard any stories about well used DSG transmissions? Should I let the computer do the work all the time? The trouble is its so conservative sometimes, it feels like its racing to get to 6th gear and then when I want power I don't have any until it's ready to shift down again.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
40K is the factory recommended service interval for DSG's

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
yes, the 2.5 has a typical slushbox toque converter automatic

Haha! I thought it did, went to write that, then backed up and didn't just in case!

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I went car shopping with a friend at a local dealer about a month ago. The saleswoman proceeded to argue with me insisting that VW doesnt make autos...that all the trannys are DSG or manual...

I whispered to my friend.. "dont buy from them" lol.

BonJovic

Ready to race!
I went car shopping with a friend at a local dealer about a month ago. The saleswoman proceeded to argue with me insisting that VW doesnt make autos...that all the trannys are DSG or manual...

I whispered to my friend.. "dont buy from them" lol.

:lol:

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
hahahhahhahaa.... oh man this is funny!

i hate the auto tranny... the tiptronic is so delayed and its now where near as good as the auto in my grandmas 1991 Passat! (<-- best auto ever... it actually shifts when you want it to!)