GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking at an mkvi, need opinions.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
They all have bluetooth. Although the 2010's have limited functionality.

No dynaudio on this one.

Can't you just get a new one for a few grand more?

A new one with DSG, Convenience/Sunroof is 27k. The OP can buy this one and save 8k :thumbsup:

Distant

Passed Driver's Ed
They all have bluetooth. Although the 2010's have limited functionality.

No dynaudio on this one.

A new one with DSG, Convenience/Sunroof is 27k. The OP can buy this one and save 8k :thumbsup:

Should be able to play music from phone via bluetooth though correct?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, you can stream audio from your phone. It just won't pair your phone book or have voice dialing.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion

True, but this one also has 34k miles on it...decisions decisions.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, been lurking for a bit and it looks like I may be pulling the trigger on something.

I'm checking out this:
http://www.metrowestsubaru.com/used...agen-GTI-cfff0c440a0a0002002aee3fd9186248.htm

Is there any easy way to tell if this car has 1) Bluetooth and 2) if it has the Dynaudio system? Can't tell from the pics.
Thanks!

I put this in general too, mod can delete that one.

Looks good to me, you've got a warranty for 2k, then the powertrain only one kicks in. Shouldn't be a terrible buy, but you'd enjoy the car more with more bluetooth capability, try to snag a new one! :thumbsup:

Distant

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good to me, you've got a warranty for 2k, then the powertrain only one kicks in. Shouldn't be a terrible buy, but you'd enjoy the car more with more bluetooth capability, try to snag a new one! :thumbsup:

I ended up pulling the trigger on it yesterday. I drove from western NY to MA and back in a day, picking it up next weekend.
Cosmetically the car was pretty good, a few nics here and there, nothing I can really be upset about on a 2 yr old car.
The previous owner hit the curb a lot, the tires were destroyed, they are being replaced. The rims aren't in perfect condition either but I can use them for a winter set or something.
Mechanically though, it was perfect. Drove exactly like the '12 I drove a few weekends ago. Overall pretty excited.

AlphaGypsy

Ready to race!
+1

if you buy used, some teenager probably drove the piss out of it

Seriously. I would never buy a used GTI unless I'm buying it private party from a male senior citizen. And even then, that would require me to sell my current car private party and there's no way I'm doing that.

Buy new or don't buy a GTI in my opinion.