GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'12 GTI Price

Kyadog

Passed Driver's Ed
Well.after many discussion the other day about buying a 2010,I found a local dealer that has a 2012 CW Base model GTI. In discussions w/the mgr on phone,he e-mailed me the sticker on the window. 2 dr(which i want)..MSRP 23,995.....Total price 25k even. While looking on Edmunds...invoice says 23,035. Im going to look at this Sunday. I have an 05 GTI 1.8T Black leather/sunroof 69k on it and it runs great,in exc.cond. IM thinkin 7500-8k for mine and do u all think they should drop the asking price ? I mean if the invoice is 23,035,than shouldnt I be able to get them down to say....22,700? Or should I be negotiating from the 25 thats asked for the car..Does that sound about right.No dsg..base model GTI Candy White.
Thanks

Last edited:

elwood1

Ready to race!
The only way to shop for a new car is to know what your car is worth, what the new car is worth, and then have a target figure in mind to make the deal BEFORE you walk into the store. Once you set your target, you should also decide how much higher than the target that you are willing to spend if you can't hit your target. You MUST be prepared to walk if you can't get what you want. If your numbers are realistic, you should be successful.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd try to get the GTI at 24k OTD.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
24130 after tax or before? I paid 25K OTD for my base 6mt GTI. It's not the best best best price you can get but it's a fair price.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I just bought on Saturday and I think I got the best deal. 4 door white. Nav. Manual. 27358 out the door. Striker price was 29,400. I got that down to 26,500. So you may be able to do a bit better than what you've gotten. I recommend getting a carmax quote for your trade in and negotiating with vw dealer for 500-1000 above that.

No other dealer in the area was willing to put hard numbers by email. Southern states vw in Durham nc was. And they went down to the best price in north Carolina. That's probably the best tip. Name a price that's worth actually going down there to see the car. And don't go until you get it by email.