GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL on first day... !!!

Dr. Wombat

hello, this is MY first VW ever, i've histrically been a Honda purist, however, honda's lineup has nothing to offer..

anyway, i picked up my 2011 carbon grey GTI, 4door, DSG, with everything minus leather. on sunday. when i picked it up, it had 46miles on it(they sent a driver to the port to pick it up, otherwise, the next port truck was not scheduled for another week)

i drove it home with no issues and am very pleased with my new car. my drive home put about 100miles on top of the original 46, so total miles are about 150.

an hour or so later, i started the car to go to the grocery store. the engine started, but the tach stayed at zero. i revved the engine once and it didn't budge. i immediately turned the car off. let it sit for 30 seconds, and started it again. this time everything cluster appears normal, except check engine light is lit. just to see what happened. i drove it home(about 3 blocks) it behaved totally normal. i pulled into the driveway, turned the car off, waited 30 seconds, and started it again. this time no CEL.

since then, i have driven a very easy(freeway commute) 200miles with no issues at all.

i called the dealer and reported this, requested it be added to my "file" in the service department. they said to ignore it, but if i see this behavior again to bring it in.

anyone else experience this? or something like it?
just curious.:iono:

PS; this is my first thread here, so take it easy on me(i am a very active member of "www.s2ki.com" with same user name for refference...)

Attachments

• VW.jpg
    VW.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 193

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Dr. Wombat

if you are recommending that the Honda CRZ is worth mentioning, you haven't driven one. (please don't take offense, none intended), but, its just really not practical. it is a 2 seater, it is a hybrid that gets an EPA average MPG of only 30mpg. this would be fine if it was fun to drive, but, its just not... it makes a whopping 114 HP...

i have a 2005 s2000 fully NASA/SCCA prepped for IT2. if i want to drive a 2 seat sports car, i'll drive that...

i just wanted a nice hatchback with a little dose of fun=GTI...

Shimino

Ready to race!
You re under warranty. The ECU will store any codes thrown. If I were you I would make the dealer scan my car for stored codes.

Vw use Vagcom (http://ross-tech.com) buy one of those cables or find someone that owns one. It is really helpful!

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
i agree even if the light went out i would just come by the dealer to have them scan it just so if there is a fault it can go on file. but then again u under warranty nothing to worry about .I work a VW , VW act up for no reason sometimes.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
i agree even if the light went out i would just come by the dealer to have them scan it just so if there is a fault it can go on file. but then again u under warranty nothing to worry about .I work a VW , VW act up for no reason sometimes.

Yeah, I had an issue that I thought was terrible during the first 2000 miles of ownership. This happened twice within 400 miles driven, but never again. I was casually driving and getting ready to park. I would put my transmission in reverse to reverse into a parking space, and the car died. That happened twice within 400 miles on completely different days/weeks. After that, no problems since! :knockonwood:

:thumbsup:

No need to worry!

circleof_hatred

Passed Driver's Ed
yea really sorry about that the only prob i had was with my tire senor error.
they had to update my ecu was a factory error lucky i didnt have my car flashed yet.also a mass air error due to tore "dv" i get ultra parnoid if i see a warning light go off ultra protective of my mk6 :) i hear the ding of my temp saying its belfore 40 i think something just fucked up

ahhh the maddness
thats a weird issue you posted... never heard of anything like that happening.[/QUOTE]