GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4dr 6MT
Question Where to buy stock MAF housing?

Just purchased and received the Unitronic cold air intake from modded euros. My only problem is this intake is replacing my current BSH race intake. While looking at all the parts in the box, I noticed that I'm missing the MAF coupler pipe from the stock intake that fits between the two silicone hoses. Anyone know if the dealer would be able to order this for me?
APR tuned // Unitronic intake // TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 ET 43 // Koni yellows // DG springs // conti dws // CTS Turbo 3" catless downpipe // stock unresonated catback // R8 coil packs // NGK plugs// Depo tail lights // Rokblokz mudflaps // PIAA ion yellow fog lights & headlights // Lamin-x fog & headlight covers // Deautokey LED interior/exterior swap
kbrett11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
You might have to look for a used one, or spend $160+ on a new maf with a sensor. I didn't see anything listed on ECS's website and their oem parts section is usually pretty complete.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You might have to look for a used one, or spend $160+ on a new maf with a sensor. I didn't see anything listed on ECS's website and their oem parts section is usually pretty complete.
shit...I looked on ebay a bit and I could just buy a used one for like $60 and just take out the used MAF sensor and just keep the housing. I did get the sale price on the intake so this could be murphy's law ruining my money saving. I do feel like unitronic and retailers of the intake should mention needing this part. It's a pretty substantial piece of the intake that they don't provide you and whoever is buying it can be mislead, such as myself. I'm almost positive I have my stock intake lying around somewhere. I'll have to get diggin thru the garage.
APR tuned // Unitronic intake // TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 ET 43 // Koni yellows // DG springs // conti dws // CTS Turbo 3" catless downpipe // stock unresonated catback // R8 coil packs // NGK plugs// Depo tail lights // Rokblokz mudflaps // PIAA ion yellow fog lights & headlights // Lamin-x fog & headlight covers // Deautokey LED interior/exterior swap
Old 07-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
So you need the ABS plastic coupler, not the MAF sensor itself? I may still have my old one in the garage.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
So you need the ABS plastic coupler, not the MAF sensor itself? I may still have my old one in the garage.
Yes, just the plastic piece. Not the sensor.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrett11 View Post
Yes, just the plastic piece. Not the sensor.
I will check when I get home. 99% sure it's on the shelf
Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
I will check when I get home. 99% sure it's on the shelf
You'd be the greatest man that ever lived if you had it haha!
Old 07-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
OEM MAF $208.86
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...take/ES281637/

Hitachi MAF $158.13
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...ake/ES2580774/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

MAF conector pipe?
$57.07
https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...take/ES315500/
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
This is exactly what I need but not at that price lol. That's almost half what I paid for the intake
Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #11
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
This is exactly what I need but not at that price lol. That's almost half what I paid for the intake
You didnt keep your oem parts?

I got a CTS intake which replaced the maf but i keep all my stock parts for times like this.

Yeah it does suck that they are so expensive though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #12
kbrett11
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
You didnt keep your oem parts?

I got a CTS intake which replaced the maf but i keep all my stock parts for times like this.

Yeah it does suck that they are so expensive though.
I did keep the oem parts. However, I'm unsure of where they are currently located and/or if I later decided I didn't need them (like a Fucking fool). I'm doing a thorough search of my house tonight after work. If I don't find it I will gladly pay someone for their old part.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #13
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
I did keep the oem parts. However, I'm unsure of where they are currently located and/or if I later decided I didn't need them (like a Fucking fool). I'm doing a thorough search of my house tonight after work. If I don't find it I will gladly pay someone for their old part.
Ahh that makes sense. Now that you mention it i think i need to check my shed to see if the box is still in there. (I put my stock intake into the box of the CTS intake)....

Hmm now im worried. Better check later today too lol
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #14
Geryon86
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK7 R
Try this site. Used it a few times.

Found one for you for $30 using that linked page.

http://www.augustpohl.com/used-parts...2#.V4AdtaI6yd4
Geryon86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intake, maf, stock, unitronic