GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 07-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
ibanezgfx
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 Black GTI
Stock GTI Hesitation

Hey guys, I've done a few searches and really couldn't locate what I'm looking for.

Ive got a 2010 stock GTI, have a CEL P2433 - Something to do with the secondary air pump, has been on for a year or so. Recently, I've started to get a hesitation, typically at idle, but recently every gear around 2700-3200 RPM, usually at about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle.
I've cleaned the MAF sensor, just replaced the spark plugs and coils, but don't know where to go from here. Could the Secondary Air pump cause this?

I did crack the hose coming up in the front of the air box a few months back when i was changing the flter, but wrapped it up with some tape, so don't think it is leaking, but its always possible.

Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
ibanezgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezgfx View Post
Hey guys, I've done a few searches and really couldn't locate what I'm looking for.

Ive got a 2010 stock GTI, have a CEL P2433 - Something to do with the secondary air pump, has been on for a year or so. Recently, I've started to get a hesitation, typically at idle, but recently every gear around 2700-3200 RPM, usually at about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle.
I've cleaned the MAF sensor, just replaced the spark plugs and coils, but don't know where to go from here. Could the Secondary Air pump cause this?

I did crack the hose coming up in the front of the air box a few months back when i was changing the flter, but wrapped it up with some tape, so don't think it is leaking, but its always possible.

Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
I believe the secondary air pump is only used on cold starts to heat up the catalytic converter momentarily and then shuts off. You can practically hear it run during its pump cycle.

A slight "bobble" at idle is actually sort of common on these cars (I have it too). Since its a 2010 I'm guessing you have pretty high mileage, have you thought about a carbon cleaning of the valves?
APR K04 / meth injection / custom intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / FMIC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
ibanezgfx
Drag Race Newbie

I've thought about it, but haven't had it in to see if thats the issue yet.
This morning i noticed that it didn't have as much of the hesitation or misfiring or whatever it is once its fully warm, but when its warming up, that 1/2 throttle at 2700-3200 rpm is pretty shaky.
I think a trip to the shop is in order..
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
ibanezgfx
Drag Race Newbie

OK, so i took the car in yesterday and got it diagnosed. They told me that the secondary air sensor is faulty and needs replaced. They gave me P/N VW06k-906-052.
I asked about the hesitation between 2800-3200 RPM and they assured me this was the issue. Anyone have experience with this? I did a quick search and that part number didn't pop up at all in the forum.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2665419/...K2RBoCy0Tw_wcB

Quote:
Monitors airflow of the secondary air injection valve
I'm not sure why that'd be an issue for your hesitation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
ibanezgfx
Drag Race Newbie

Another reason I posted it here, didn't seem accurate to me. I asked specifically about the carbon build up and they said there is most likely carbon there at 66k but the sensor is causing the hesitation at that rpm range...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Tags
hesitation, stock, troubleshooting