GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to spend 4k

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Suspension + Summer Tires/Light Wheels > K04 or Stage 2 etc.

Subjective topic for sure. We all drive our cars differently so not going to say one is better than the other.

For me, I definitely disagree as I don't track or spend alot of time blasting through turns. I've done both areas on my car so far and the Stage 2 is the one I use most and still makes me feel giddy every day. The lowered stance and better traction is nice too but much lower on the fun factor scale. Especially when I hit hard bumps or rough roads in the city.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Subjective topic for sure. We all drive our cars differently so not going to say one is better than the other.

For me, I definitely disagree as I don't track or spend alot of time blasting through turns. I've done both areas on my car so far and the Stage 2 is the one I use most and still makes me feel giddy every day. The lowered stance and better traction is nice too but much lower on the fun factor scale. Especially when I hit hard bumps or rough roads in the city.

Totally agree...to each his own. I can honestly say...I'm not skilled enough as a driver to handle more power than what is already there.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Stage 1 and supporting mods are very common to start off with. Suspension, aftermarket wheels, LED tail lights, OEM goodies, and some LED upgrades will give you a whole new look. Here are a few more upgrades to look into when going the performance route:

- Intake
- Upgraded DV
- Boost Gauge Kit

Andy

SetInMotion

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd say get a decent set of coilovers, get a downpipe and go stage 2. Then you can look at getting an intake/catback exhaust, boost gauge, maybe a rsb. That should all easily fit in your budget.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
apr stage 2: 800 for tune/tad over 1,000 for clutch/fmic depends on which mostly 500$ or more ~ $2,200 axp. (include labor)

tyrolsport deadset subframe collars (must recommend) ~220 for product itself

great tires like michelin as3, if its just your daily

couple unibraces and call it a day

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Stage 1, Bilstein coilovers, H&R front and rear sways, Neuspeed RSe wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Plenty of go with tons of fun in the bends.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
KO4, Clutch, and LSD, do the work yourself?......or fork out another 1000 for labor.

These will be the best 3 upgrades this car will ever get.

THIS. And you would still have enough left over for VWR springs and an alignment if you did all the labor yourself minus the alignment. I would definitely do springs instead of coils if I still had the choice.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Stage One.
Summer Tires.
Put the rest towards your principal or take a vacation.