GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toyota Supra 2018/19

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
With all the hype and demand just for the "Supra" name, they will demand a nice chunk of change to buy one.

I personally prefer anything newer over a BRZ/FRS swap. Those cars look too puny to be honest than even the original Supra. The 90s Supra has a Japanese muscle car look if you will and if that even makes sense. It just looks powerful and strong. I don't get that feeling at all from the BRZ/FRS cars. I also think their backend looks too boring and falls flat. Even the original Supra's arse is a hell of a lot better looking.

I always wanted a Supra, but most likely it will be out of what I could afford. That 2JZ is a symphony of amazing harmonic sounds.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
With all the hype and demand just for the "Supra" name, they will demand a nice chunk of change to buy one.

I personally prefer anything newer over a BRZ/FRS swap. Those cars look too puny to be honest than even the original Supra. The 90s Supra has a Japanese muscle car look if you will and if that even makes sense. It just looks powerful and strong. I don't get that feeling at all from the BRZ/FRS cars. I also think their backend looks too boring and falls flat. Even the original Supra's arse is a hell of a lot better looking.

I always wanted a Supra, but most likely it will be out of what I could afford. That 2JZ is a symphony of amazing harmonic sounds.
Almost all inline 6's will have that sound or similar sound though. I get what you are saying though. It does have a very distinct note to it.

The styling of the supra was just so ahead of its time though, the cockpit was very well designed, driver focused, etc.

I love the tail lights the most on the back end of the supra. Followed very quickly by the spoiler it got.

I'm hoping I'll have the ability to purchase the new supra either new or very slightly used. Since the mk4 just won't go down in price at all.

I almost bought a brz when I was shopping for a new car. The lack of turbo was definitely a disappointment. And like you said, the styling just wasn't there. The other thing that bugged me was that there were 3 different cars all the same, the scion frs, the subaru brz, and the Toyota 86. I found it utterly pointless to have different names for the same exact car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
The lack of turbo was definitely a disappointment.

Yes and no - for the purist, the NA motor is more desirable in many cases. The trouble with the BRZ family, though, is that the motor is really short on torque. IIRC a stage 1 Mk6 generates nearly twice the torque without upgrading any hardware.

zrickety

The Fixer
Better to spend the money on a last gen Supra, if you can find one. Prices on them will just go up. I kind of wish I had bought an NSX back when you could find them for 20k.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Better to spend the money on a last gen Supra, if you can find one. Prices on them will just go up. I kind of wish I had bought an NSX back when you could find them for 20k.
I hear ya. I feel the same way about the e30 M3's... I could have had one for 15k...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
BRZ with a 2JZ swap though... once you see it you can't unsee how much it really is/can be the REAL 'new supra'. Just saying

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
BRZ with a 2JZ swap though... once you see it you can't unsee how much it really is/can be the REAL 'new supra'. Just saying
It was supposed to be during the initial planning but they scrapped it for some reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Now that just ain't right!!

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I hear ya. I feel the same way about the e30 M3's... I could have had one for 15k...

I could have purchased one in 2007 for $7,500 from a friend of mine. The only problem was that he had just put over $9k into it the year prior to offering it to me for $7,500 and I was scared it would become a money pit. It ended up being totaled by a utility truck literally running over it while parked near the street with the "For Sale" sign on it. Sad ending for that black e30. :(

He ended up paying $20k over sticker for a brand new (at the time) 2007 GT500 to replace his fun e30.