GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR Springs or Driver Gear Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man

Considering konis again on your new gti? I had DG springs on my car (i think they were on my car when we met at capo vw for the bbs's), but actually prefer the ride on the Koni coils. Didn't you have H&R sport springs for a bit too? Did they have rake? My DG springs were at least nice and even.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Considering konis again on your new gti? I had DG springs on my car (i think they were on my car when we met at capo vw for the bbs's), but actually prefer the ride on the Koni coils. Didn't you have H&R sport springs for a bit too? Did they have rake? My DG springs were at least nice and even.

No I think I'm done with coils. I want as close to stock ride quality as possible. Koni's rode great for being low. Yea I've gone through a lot. H&R ultra lows, H&R sport springs that had a lot of forward rake and then back to Koni's. I think I'm gonna try the vwr springs on stock dampers. Cars a lease so in 30k miles she goes back.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
No I think I'm done with coils. I want as close to stock ride quality as possible. Koni's rode great for being low. Yea I've gone through a lot. H&R ultra lows, H&R sport springs that had a lot of forward rake and then back to Koni's. I think I'm gonna try the vwr springs on stock dampers. Cars a lease so in 30k miles she goes back.

I think you'll be very happy with the VWRs. The new SPM springs could be another option. They seem to be similar to the VWRs but I haven't seen any reviews on them yet.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
I think you'll be very happy with the VWRs. The new SPM springs could be another option. They seem to be similar to the VWRs but I haven't seen any reviews on them yet.

Link? Haven't heard of these spm springs

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Anyone have any opinions as to which bilstein shock strut to go with if using dg springs? Just gathering opinions here, some people say b6 others say b8, the dg springs are in that weird grey area. Would think the b8s with there shorter lengths would maximize any drop you would get from the dg springs and the b6s would have a longer length of free travel. Not sure kinda why I'm askin lol

Status
Not open for further replies.