GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf r stage 2 or N55 BMW 135?

SRG_Vdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,
I am deciding between purchasing a 2012 base golf r stage 2 with 10k miles and a 2011/2012 135 with the N55 engine with around 25-35k miles. I currently drive a 2010 stage 1 GTI and am longing for something with more power and better ability to put down the power. The rational choice is the BMW 135 since it is more car for the money but I somehow can't seem to write off the golf r. I was wondering whether anyone has been in a similar situation or has any general input..it would be appreciated. I've driven both vehicles. The 1er sounds a lot nicer, feels more refined and has a smoother powerband. The stage 2 golf r on the other hand, feels perhaps a little bit faster and more raw. I have never owned a RWD or AWD car so I do not know which I'd prefer. Thanks for looking guys.

JhnR

Banned
N54 is where the power its at ;), and depends if you want manual or not. Golf R only available in manual.

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Get the golf r (biased lol)

Ive owned g37s,135,tl s, is350, 328i, etc but nothing like the golf r, so fun to drive, mod friendly, awd is so great(my1st awd)

Last edited:

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
those 335's are really problematic especially with automatics (SMG transmissions). either one you will deal with HPFP issues.

get whatever floats your boat

as far as BMW's go the naturally aspirated engines are bullet proof and the rest are PITA's especially in the long run

Evo_s4

Ready to race!
those 335's are really problematic especially with automatics (SMG transmissions). either one you will deal with HPFP issues.

get whatever floats your boat

as far as BMW's go the naturally aspirated engines are bullet proof and the rest are PITA's especially in the long run

N55 doesnt have HPFP issue, really all depends is you need AWD or not

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I would have done the 135 if I could. Driven a couple and they just feel special. Rwd and respond better to mods.

butchered by autocorrecr

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
135 all the way! I am a pure BMW guy and the only reason i bought an R32 MK5 was because of its engine. otherwise its not a very good car. in the first year i changed the gearbox 3 times at the dealer!

I just bought an MK6 R cos it was cheap. bare in mind the VWs are my daily. My weekend car is my M3.

After I have used the R for a few months or an year I'll be going back to ///M Power with an E90 m3 as my DD.

elcroato1

Passed Driver's Ed
135 all the way! I am a pure BMW guy and the only reason i bought an R32 MK5 was because of its engine. otherwise its not a very good car. in the first year i changed the gearbox 3 times at the dealer!

I just bought an MK6 R cos it was cheap. bare in mind the VWs are my daily. My weekend car is my M3.

After I have used the R for a few months or an year I'll be going back to ///M Power with an E90 m3 as my DD.

How is the driving in Bahrain? Are there any tracks/circuits for weekend warriors?

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
How is the driving in Bahrain? Are there any tracks/circuits for weekend warriors?
If you follow F1 and GP2 you'll see we host an F1 race every year for 10 years. We also have an international Karting track.

So yeah its a lot of fun on track BUT now its beginning to get real hot so no more track activity after next week till September.