GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help mounting Rep sideskirts

Cee\x/_GTi

Ready to race!
Hey guys, i've had my rep golfR side skirts sittin in my garage for like a year now, and i just wanna get them installed. But i dont know how they go on. Didnt come with instructions and it isnt all that straight forward to me.

I'm tired of having them not on and just sittin around, after having them painted. I'll pay and/or come to you if reasonable distance (I'm in O/C).

I have the clip parts, and the black long pieces that bolt to the side after the stock ones come off. Cant remember the brand, but it was one of the more popular ones for like $200 or so..

Anyways, any help out there from someone that's done theirs..

Thanks,

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
You really don't need those brackets and clips. I mounted mine with 3M tape along the top edge and used the 4 original mounting points and screws (3 on the bottom and 1 on the front fender). I have OEM R skirts, but I'm sure the reps mounts up the same way.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Correct...after you get the OEM GTI skirts off, just use the tape and the OEM mounting points on the bottom and front fender. Don't need to bother with the extra bracket and clips that came with it.

Cee\x/_GTi

Ready to race!
How much did they cost to paint?

Not really sure. I had them lumped in with some other stuff i had painted, but i have a bit of a hookup so i got a good deal. but probably like $150ish...

kerp

Ready to race!
Not really sure. I had them lumped in with some other stuff i had painted, but i have a bit of a hookup so i got a good deal. but probably like $150ish...

Nice! I was getting some ruthless quotes in SD. Hit me up if/when you part out haha.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I got 2 quotes for my skirts last week. One was for $300 and the other for $200.