GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Yes. All stages.

Here's the thing about time frames--in the past when we give them and they're not met, the internet explodes with butthurt, the community villifies us and we end up taking flack until updates are available (notice that Arin hasn't given updates lately?). So, I can either say nothing and frustrate everybody, or get hopes up by saying something, and if I'm wrong, frustrate everybody. Either way is a lose for me.

In preparation I've been going to the gym, eating my Wheaties, and watching a lot of Inglourious Basterds. The target is end of Q1 2014 for this car. BUT, I swear to God, if we don't meet that date and you guys flip out, I will personally hunt you down and unleash a terrible fury upon you and your families. :thumbsup:

Evan,

Sounds like K04 update is happening any day now; is the target still end of Q1 for the stage 1/2 updates? Not too sure how long past the k04 update we should be expecting to see things :iono:.

SuperJ

Passed Driver's Ed
APR, please fix the rev-hang

I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed yet, to me this is more important than a stg 1 power bump.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Evan,

Sounds like K04 update is happening any day now; is the target still end of Q1 for the stage 1/2 updates? Not too sure how long past the k04 update we should be expecting to see things :iono:.

Just hope they don't start over with stage I tune.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed yet, to me this is more important than a stg 1 power bump.

Arin has already said the stage 1 update will NOT involve a power bump. Read the thread!
He said it will increase 'drivability'. Who knows just what that means.

BTW: end of first quarter is March 31. I think it is inevitable that the update will not be out by the end of this month.

We can only hope for April at this point.

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
@Evan,

So is it true stage 1 update is not being looked into now - and it may be considered/revisited at some later date?

fredf

Go Kart Champion
@Evan,

So is it true stage 1 update is not being looked into now - and it may be considered/revisited at some later date?

Where did you hear that? They said it was next after ko4. If they've decided otherwise that was be tragic.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I'm updating this thread since the K04 people resent me posting there.

APR said months ago that after the K04 file update the Stage 1/2 update is next in line.

Then Sean said about two weeks ago that the Stage 1/2 update was taken out of the loop and put on the back burner.

So I asked about this in the K04 thread and yesterday Arin said that indeed the Stage 1/2 is the next one to be updated. In fact he said it was begun before the K04 project and therefore will be quite close on the heals of the K04 update release. The K04 release is expected any day now.

So either it's coming very soon (perhaps by end of April) or it still a long way off.

I don't care about actual time estimates at this point. I understand APRs reluctance to talk about release dates since everyone jumps all over them if there is a delay.

All I want to know is: are we next or should I give up hope for now?

Arin's last comments suggests the former--in contradiction to Sean's earlier comments.

A clear response from APR would give some of us hope.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
My guess is it will be shortly after k04. The vibe I get (probably wrong since I'm no tuner) is that the tunes for the TSI engine are fairly similar, and since Jamie is doing all the beta testing around the world and what not most of the kinks are already being worked out, making for a quicker release once ready. And since the tunes are for the same engine they'll just have to "dial it back" for the smaller turbo.

Just a guess. In my mind I'm still leaning towards "shortly after k04" release, so I'm antsy for that release as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.