GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
I have been running the beta file. There is a very noticeable torque gain over the current Stage 1 tune.

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Stage 1 and 2, USA and Canada. Adding No lift shift and launch limiter (It's working, just perfecting it) (separate options), details soon.

Files will be:

Stage 1 (no hardware needed)
Stage 1 w/ Intake (Intake needed)
Stage 2 (Intake and downpipe needed)

Why no launch control and NLS for stage 3?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Stage 1 and 2, USA and Canada. Adding No lift shift and launch limiter (It's working, just perfecting it) (separate options), details soon.

Files will be:

Stage 1 (no hardware needed)
Stage 1 w/ Intake (Intake needed)
Stage 2 (Intake and downpipe needed)

Is anyone else worried about how long it might take to "perfect" it? :23:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone else worried about how long it might take to "perfect" it? :23:

Yup.
Arin: I know you don't like to promise ETA's but is there any rough estimate ... are we looking at weeks or months?

Last edited:

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Hopefully the timing works out. I'm booked for a downpipe and stage 2 upgrade early October

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Wow, should be a nice power bump. Glad to hear all of these things addressed.

I'm assuming you are a beta tester? If so, comparison to prior file in terms of economy and difference felt?

Economy seems down slightly. It feels more torquey, smoother, stronger and easier to manage the car at lower speeds (this is in a dsg car bear in mind). The surgeyness of current release seems gone and delivery is much better.
Engine starts are slightly longer crank. Initial idle rpms higher than stock and a little less settled than stock. Didn't notice a difference with the current release.

If you have a dsg (with or with our the apr dsg tune - I have it) I would be very cautious about getting the update until you hear other peoples feedback on how it is and under what ecu hardware they have. I have a big problem where manual and sport modes are undriveable under load - changing gears jolts the car back severly. Your neck even snapping your head forward. The hard shifts typically are on any boost (rougher from 2-3 and 3-4) but not there when not on boost. Although gear changes off boost are now greatly delayed (feels like a normal automatic). Down shifting is fine.
A dsg recalibration via vcds helped a lot to reduce the severity but is still very much there.
It is generally fine in D mode however.
There was no such issues with the current release file and there is no such issues in stock program. Only with the new version. I know of one other person who experiences the same and without a dsg tune but found it decreased after putting in many miles. Don't know his ecu version.
I gave feedback but they can't reproduce it apparently. Maybe it is a box code specific issue but can't get further answers on that. Mine is AT S0020.

Didn't want to say this - maybe some more investigation is needed and maybe others can chime in.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Having gone K04 3.1 I know what their new throttle strategy is like and it's glorious. So much easier to manage the acceleration. The car doesn't surge forwards on its own anymore, it'll just glide smoothly through the rpm band. I don't have to change my driving style with the AC on, either, the car manages the extra load for me. I hope that's what they're implementing here.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
xd-data: your report is similar to the first reports when the KO4 was released.
A lot of people were unhappy.
APR denied there were issues but the reports kept coming in.

XGC75: yes, apparently now most people are happy with the 3.1 release. But only after much teething.

That's why I do not intend to get the update until there is a lot of discussion on these forums. I don't want to go back 2 or 3 times getting revisions and paying for the upload.

I know Arin says we will be happy but I've heard that before.

I will be ecstatic to finally get the release but I'm not about to jump on board until I hear from others.
Some people are just looking for power and don't care about 'drivability' or mileage (I note xd-data that you say you think your mileage is down a bit). Most APR posters are such fan boys that they extol everything APR does.

Me, I'm going to stay excited but definitely guarded about what's coming.
But I hope it gets here soon so that by time i hear feedback it's not winter.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Every time APR posts something on Instagram or Facebook, the comments are full of MK6 customers wanting the update to be release. We're turning into a pack of hungry sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.