GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Arin,

With the stock file included in the ecm flash apr that does when applying the tune programs - is it always the latest release from volkswagen?
Will the apr tune files be built on the basis from the latest VW release?

Reason for asking is there is apparently some VW ecm updates that correct issues for rough startups etc. (Not sure how recent). It seems to change a ecm/ecu version from, say, S0020 to S0040.

Does the apr flash process therefore also include the latest VW stock update and make this change?
And would the apr tune and this update release have the fixes included for such issues?

So if someone was experiencing the rough startup issue and was tuned with apr and then they got vw to update the ecm to get the 0040 version and then went back to apr dealer and got reflashed, would it be a step backwards in uncorrecting the issue the VW update fixed?
Or would the VW update correct other files that the apr flash does not touch?
Or do you implement the full latest VW releases into your flash process?

Sorry for all questions and I probably am way off on my understanding of this but your clarification and advice would be great to know.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'm just interested in the update. NLS is cool, but man that would probably develop some bad WOT shifting habits for those with a MT. I'd rather git gud at shifting :)

I will admit I've had my box off and sold for about 2 weeks and I still find myself WOT shifting err I guess it's power shifting now. You don't really think about it. That being said I haven't missed a power shift yet so it isn't all that bad. A lot of it is the confidence to do it which you gain after you have been WOT shifting for so long.

The wot box will throw a cel for misfires. If you unplug the wotbox while the car is running the car will turn off. Also the autotimer on the wotbox nls is awful. You need to manually set it to a time for it to work properly and this is a lot of trial and error as well as heavy clutch abuse and slippage. $100 not to deal with those issues is worth it.

Yep if you hold launch control for a long time it will throw a CEL. I don't know why you would possibly unplug the WOTbox while the car is running. Just set it to 200ms when starting out. Chances are anyone with an arm and 2 legs can make that no problem. That's fine if you think it is not worth it, but for K04/BT and guys that want the most out of their MT cars I would say it's worth it, but to each their own.

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin,

With the stock file included in the ecm flash apr that does when applying the tune programs - is it always the latest release from volkswagen?
Will the apr tune files be built on the basis from the latest VW release?

Reason for asking is there is apparently some VW ecm updates that correct issues for rough startups etc. (Not sure how recent). It seems to change a ecm/ecu version from, say, S0020 to S0040.

Does the apr flash process therefore also include the latest VW stock update and make this change?
And would the apr tune and this update release have the fixes included for such issues?

So if someone was experiencing the rough startup issue and was tuned with apr and then they got vw to update the ecm to get the 0040 version and then went back to apr dealer and got reflashed, would it be a step backwards in uncorrecting the issue the VW update fixed?
Or would the VW update correct other files that the apr flash does not touch?
Or do you implement the full latest VW releases into your flash process?

Sorry for all questions and I probably am way off on my understanding of this but your clarification and advice would be great to know.

i always wondered this too
good question :clap:

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
One of the first things I do each morning is check goapr.com for the update...

Still no update

The wait has gotten pretty silly at this point

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
The wait has gotten pretty silly at this point

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm.. if that's only showing up now, then this release is months away.
I just want something already that I can shift gears adequately with. Still stuck on stock program.
Any DSG tune beta file there??

Still wanting to know if the apr flash back tracks on VW ecm updates or if the latest updates are incorporated. Important to know.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
I've been happy with apr and I hope everyone has fun with the new file. It will be awesome getting that extra power for no money and a simple file upload. And I've read everything about the f23t and I'm sure I'll be happy with that.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
wait so if there's a different file for stock intake/ aftermarket intake, is there one for people with a catted downpipe (race cat) vs full decat?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
wait so if there's a different file for stock intake/ aftermarket intake, is there one for people with a catted downpipe (race cat) vs full decat?

No the differnce between cat and no cat is quite small and even then there is different flow ratings i.e 200 cell etc. It wouldn't make sense to make a file for every different cat, at that point it might as well be a custom tune

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
one could argue the same thing for intake vs no intake though... we all know the gains are minimal

i also doubt they will do it but its just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.