GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are my TOP options if staying with oem hoses?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I just installed a golf r intercooler and reused the oem hoses with the metal ends cut off. Now that most of my hoses are fastened securely with worm gear clamps that leaves that shit plastic pancake pipe and the original clip type connector as a source of constriction and boost leaks. What are my TOP options that will play well with oem hoses without the metal connectors?

zrickety

The Fixer
Wasn't there was just a thread on this? I think the Audi TT pipe or maybe AWE but why limit yourself to stock hoses when you're upgrading everything else?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
AWE S3 TOP FTMFW.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Isn't the TT pipe also pancake shaped with the exception of the clip type connector? Aftermarket hoses are too expensive for the gains I would get from it. Plus I'm not going K04.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dunno on the TT. All i know is, for reliability and not having to worry about it, its a great mod, not sure I had any idea on gains for it, that wasn't really why I had run it. Boost leaks just suck.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Will the S3 TOP from AWE work with the oem hose fastened by a worm gear clamp?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I hear you, but if I could kill 2 birds with one stone and improve reliability and efficiency...

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
If you buy the spulen kit, because its a great price for both pipes, do not try and use the included coupler that hooks up to the turbo outlet. It fits like crap. Save yourself the trouble and use the OEM coupler. No experience with the AWE.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Isn't the TT pipe also pancake shaped with the exception of the clip type connector? Aftermarket hoses are too expensive for the gains I would get from it. Plus I'm not going K04.

Yes, similar to the stock pipe but gets rid of the clip connection though

Will the S3 TOP from AWE work with the oem hose fastened by a worm gear clamp?

If you want to use the OEM hose & cut the metal ring off, I don't think so. The Neuspeed TT version (no longer available) was 57mm and people said it was a tight fit with the OEM hose.
The AWE is bigger, 63mm (at the end) and might be too big for the OEM hose to slide over....it's for aftermarket hoses.

If someone has used it with the OEM hose though...please feel free to correct me/chime in because I'm curious too

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner