GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I'll post that up soon. If anyone is reading this and interested, let me know! Located on Long Island, NY.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
....Also i wonder if theres a way to completely turn off the tcs and stability like you can in gtis. Loke i wonder if that will be an option when i get my new highline cecm. I hated it this last winter as it prevented me from doing my fun time drifts at the wee hours at night....
Sure way is to unpluging the antilock brake sensors, will disable the ABS as well as the traction control system. Doing it this way, the dash will indicate a malfunction.

I've often though about just splicing into the señor wire and connecting a switch to the ground wire on of the two ABS sensors on the front wheel.

One of the GTI guys gave instruction on turning off the ECS via recoding but not sure if it works for the Golf. See below
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293

Last edited:

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
I can cut it into little tiny pieces to ship it, how's that!:lol:

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
In all seriousness it's like an 8hour drive to Buffalo but I could look into shipping if you want. Not sure if it's cost efficient at that point though.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
In all seriousness it's like an 8hour drive to Buffalo but I could look into shipping if you want. Not sure if it's cost efficient at that point though.

At most i'd break even, considering how much people charge for oem catbacks up here in TO... But I'll pass! Not worth the hassle for a break even!

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Couldnt resist the parking spot or taking a pic. God i cant wait to get some time to lower my baby. Im looking for at least a two day window since i got compmete front and back suspension swap alongside brake line swap and flush/ bleed. Is that reasonable do you think. Will be doing the work myself without the use of a lift. Have all the tools and whatnot to complete the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yup 2 days plenty of time, its the small things that screwed me up, I told in an earlier post how the 3 strut mount bolts were corroded and broke the off the mount,.... use a wire brush on the threads first, is my advice.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Yup 2 days plenty of time, its the small things that screwed me up, I told in an earlier post how the 3 strut mount bolts were corroded and broke the off the mount,.... use a wire brush on the threads first, is my advice.

Will do. I was smart and got new bolts for almost everything so i dont have to worry if i mess one up. Especially with some of them being supposedly one time use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutaledge_

Just going to jump right in and say hello to my fellow 2.5ers. I did some basic maintenance and installed ECS's lightweight underdrive pulley yesterday. It was a nice little upgrade. Car revs faster now and makes for smoother shifting. I'm enjoying it.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Just going to jump right in and say hello to my fellow 2.5ers. I did some basic maintenance and installed ECS's lightweight underdrive pulley yesterday. It was a nice little upgrade. Car revs faster now and makes for smoother shifting. I'm enjoying it.

Nice. How was the install? I actually have one of those sitting on my shelf that I haven't gotten around to installing.

brutaledge_

Nice. How was the install? I actually have one of those sitting on my shelf that I haven't gotten around to installing.

It wasn't too bad. I left all my tools in Texas which made the install harder than it needed to be but the most difficult part, which wasn't that difficult, was getting the bolts off and back on for the pulley. I read that manuals would keep the crankshaft from rotating when in gear but that was not the case. Putting torque on those bolts with a makeshift prop against the holes in the pulley allowed me to break them free. And essentially did the same for the retorquing of the bolts but opposite rotation. Problem is, I couldn't find torque specs for those bolts so I just put them to roughly 40 lbs. Took me 30-40 minutes.

I also did the hatch pop mod today and it worked fantastically. There are countless times where I had my arms full and needed this for the past six years and I just now performed the mod. Good stuff!!