GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 GTI Exhaust Thread

Sales@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Coming Soon !

E-Dawg

Passed Driver's Ed
The RSC sounds so nice, I'm really considering to purchase the exhaust to complete my TBE, but I'm really curious does it sound as nice in person? Does this exhaust drone and get annoying while regular daily drive? I have APR stg 2 setup with the Carbonio intake Stg1+2 and also the APR DP, I like how during regular daily drives its quiet and how it really opens up and roars when you step on it. If I add the RSC exhaust would it be similar to that experience? Thx for the help and advice fellas

P.S. this fucking thread is awesome

I have the APR RSC and stand by this exhaust 100%. But as with all exhaust systems it's very subjective and to each his own. But that's the beauty of the APR because there is no annoying drone. The exhaust note is very civil while cruising in low RPM's and freeway. But once you nail it the the note is much louder and throaty, as it should be.

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Bump.
Does anybody have any experience with a raceland/ebay/any downpipe with a reducer already welded on and an aftermarket catback(full 3 inch)

Thanks.

oSniper

Ready to race!
anyone have any vids they could share of their ultimate racing DP catted & res or catted & no res with stock catback?
thanks

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
Ooooooo, welds look good. Kinda looks like the original EJ people went to unitronic lol.

I was looking at that and said to myself: "That looks an awful lot like the exhaust I have on my car from Eurojet before they changed the design..."

militarygti

Ready to race!
Im going to be running APR DP with GHL CB since no one seems to know if these two fit together i guess i will find out. Some say yes others say you need to cut 2" off the dp. I just dont know what to believe so i guess ill find out my self right?

kendrickhphoto

Ready to race!
I'm surprised no one posted this, maybe it's known, but I couldn't find anything on it.

On the Edel01, DTH-Turbo, ASG(looks like downpipe only), & Bull-X - the second car with the DTH-Turbo exhaust and LED Tails how is he getting the led's to run back and forth like that. Again sorry if this has been discussed I couldn't find anything on it though.

sh314

Ready to race!
Does anybody know which catback exhaust has the highest price to quality ratio? Looking for a cheap but good quality one, any catbacks on sale right now?

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Does anybody know which catback exhaust has the highest price to quality ratio? Looking for a cheap but good quality one, any catbacks on sale right now?

GHL is good. Scorpion/Forge is good too.
Forge had a thread about it on Vortex and I think the catback was around $600..

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
This should be sticky.

:thumbsup:

Got my GHL catback today. I opened up the box and everything was packaged up tighter than Fort Knox! Big thumbs up to GHL for packing this thing up right.
Pics..

IMAG1250 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

IMAG1254 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

since the catback is a full 3 inch with no reducer, and my RAI downpipe won't be in for a while, I figured I'll install it this weekend. I decided I'd go out and get a reducer made. 3" OD to 2.5"OD from Muffler Man for $8. Not too bad.

IMAG1249 by mk6_gti, on Flickr

When my catback came in, I went to see how the reducer fit into the GHL catback. Perfection. Cant wait to put it on. I'll have a before/after posted as soon as it's up.