GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 TDI 4 door with 70,000miles price....

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
2010 TDI 4 door with 70,000miles - black color, sunroof, that touch screen entertainment system but no Nav, powered sunroof, the rest all powered, ipod connection, not a single scratch on the car, looks new inside out, runs like new - paid $16,500+tax.
What do you guys think? Not a bad deal!? I mean the mileage turns me off a bit but it drives like new. Shifts smoothly and I average about 43mpgs. Well, I've only put like 200 miles since I purchased it three weeks ago.

tribecagolf

Ready to race!

Thanks but it's $5K more. Then if I paid $5k more I'd just buy a brand new with plastic on it. You know, when you set a certain budget, you stick to that budget.
$16,500 is pretty cheap. I sold my previous car so I had all the cash in hand. I live in NYC, I don't drive much. I put an average of 4,000 miles/year so this car having 70K miles is not an issue. The car is mechanically and comsetically in an excellent condition. I can sell this TDI for $18K today.

McQueen77

Banned
70k miles is crazy high miles man..

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks but it's $5K more. Then if I paid $5k more I'd just buy a brand new with plastic on it. You know, when you set a certain budget, you stick to that budget.
$16,500 is pretty cheap. I sold my previous car so I had all the cash in hand. I live in NYC, I don't drive much. I put an average of 4,000 miles/year so this car having 70K miles is not an issue. The car is mechanically and comsetically in an excellent condition. I can sell this TDI for $18K today.

so then why even ask what we all think about the price?

McQueen77

Banned
It is a lot for a two year old car but it is in good hands now. It's a temporary car (6mths-1 year tops). And to be honest I love driving this thing.

well then if you already bought it, you bought it. it just means someone drive the living crap out of it for 2 years. theres no way that many miles put on a car in such a short time won't have a long term impact on the overall integrity of the vehicle but if you are happy with it, then cool

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
very clean, especially for the miles. What happened to the Setup button on the nav??

It came like that missing. I am trying to get one. Called a couple of dealers but no luck. I would even buy the whole system (broken) just for that button. I keep looking online ebay etc., eventually someone will sell a broken system.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Um 70k miles... I'd be scared shitless for the HPFP. Was it ever replaced?

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
Um 70k miles... I'd be scared shitless for the HPFP. Was it ever replaced?

I have no idea. I am planning to take the car to a local shop and do a little tune up, oil, filters and so on and also have the mechanic go over to see if the car requires anything.

What should I have him check out? Any suggestion?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I have no idea. I am planning to take the car to a local shop and do a little tune up, oil, filters and so on and also have the mechanic go over to see if the car requires anything.

What should I have him check out? Any suggestion?

Open up the fuel filter and see if you have metal shavings on it.

Also take a pic of the HPFP and look at the build date on it.

The repair of the HPFP is $8000+ because it requires a complete fuel system replacement.

That's the number one fear with these diesel motors.

What is the maintenance history of the car?! And what kind of tune up are you doing?! This car also requires very expensive 507 VW spec motor oil that costs ~9$ a quart.

If you see this you're in trouble

Last edited: