GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost flutter

YoLouu

Okay when I get a chance I'm gonna check out my IC piping and make sure everything's intact down there. I wanted to get the GFB dv+ before all this nonsense anyway so might as well go ahead and buy it now. Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions! If you guys have any other ideas I'd love to hear it.

Avant

Ready to race!
I've been running the updated Stage 2 file for a very long time and I haven't had this problem, I definitely haven't done any piping work for the intercooler (since it's stock), but I did replace my stock DV to the Version D one and I'm definitely making boost smoothly. Check everything first! A DV+ won't fix boost leaks!

s4ellas

Passed Driver's Ed
How are some of you guys running 20-21 PSI with a stock KO3?? I just tuned my 2012 gli in August 2014 and I'm pushing 15psi..spI king at maybe 17..some times...and I'm running awe intake...awe DP...Forge front mount IC..Forge DV...awe top and lower pipes.....idk is there a upgraded stage 2? Maybe stage 2+?? But I would love 20+ PSI on stock ko3..Help a brother out?

YoLouu

How are some of you guys running 20-21 PSI with a stock KO3?? I just tuned my 2012 gli in August 2014 and I'm pushing 15psi..spI king at maybe 17..some times...and I'm running awe intake...awe DP...Forge front mount IC..Forge DV...awe top and lower pipes.....idk is there a upgraded stage 2? Maybe stage 2+?? But I would love 20+ PSI on stock ko3..Help a brother out?

Before i got the updated GIAC file i was only spiking at 17 on a good day. Usually wouldn't be more than 15 though and i'm running a stock IC and stock DV at the moment. Sometimes ill only hit 16ish psi but then other times ill hit 20psi no problem. What tune do you have?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Spiking around 21psi....holding around 16psi. Per my Podi boost gauge. :)

YoLouu

I emailed Gaic and asked if there's any uprgrades? They haven't responded yet..?

Yeah like I said GIAC has nothing about the updated tune on their website or anything. I heard about it from a friend and called the shop that did my tune to confirm. Got it done a few days later and it pulls real strong after the boost flutter. Try calling the shop where you got it done at.

perrysgti

Hey All

For the record Im having the same issue with the GIAC Extreme K04 file. Have tried just about everything and no luck. Going to log it again and send the logs to GIAC and hopefully get a fix for this. Too many people having similar issues.....!

YoLouu

Hey All

For the record Im having the same issue with the GIAC Extreme K04 file. Have tried just about everything and no luck. Going to log it again and send the logs to GIAC and hopefully get a fix for this. Too many people having similar issues.....!

I saw on another thread that this is actually pretty common for KO4's to have some minor boost flutter. Let us know what you find out after the logs.

YoLouu

Forgot to update this but finally got a new DV. Got the GFB DV+ and it seems to have fixed 90% of the flutter. Sometimes it will occur in 5th or 6th gear but not often enough to bother me anymore. I'm now boosting without any problems again. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
My car seems to do this everytime I reset the computer after going stage 2. The first place I was tuned to stage 2 they told me it was because of the APR intake I had, that the MAF signal was causing the issue. (which I never saw on stage 1)

After I drove around for a few days, it went away. I just was updated to the newest revision of the GIAC tune myself and it did this initially after they reset the computer after loading the new tune on. I've had it for about a week now and it no longer does that while building boost. I would just wait a few days before you start swapping out parts because it will probably go away on it's own and you'll have replaced perfectly good parts and spent money you didn't need to.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread was, lol. Oops

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Flutter isn't necessarily abnormal... it may not be ideal, but it's not abnormal for a turbo car.

APR K04 V2 was like a pigeon orgy under the hood.