GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Re-did my meth lines. I didn't like the idea of it running through the interior in a ghetto fashion. Plus I wanted the engine bay to look stealth so I relocated the solenoid to the hatch and ran the tubing under the car along side the fuel line and into the hatch.

Engine bay before:

Engine bay after:

And some more pics, PS i really need to clean my engine bay.

Sent from my BendGate Plus.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Solenoid should be close to the jet to avoid vacuum siphoning which can cause misfires.

I did have it that way before but couldn't stand having it in the engine bay.
Also wouldn't physics dictate (ya i'm pulling out the bro-science) that there needs to be available air on the other side of the tube for a siphon to take place. I.E. if you put your thumb over the straw in your soda, pull it out, the water will be suspended. If you try to suck the soda out, it shouldn't come out unless there is air to push the water out from the other side while you are pulling.

cevil203

Ready to race!
After buying my car used from a BMW dealer in December, I found out that the owners manual was hidden in the glove box (up top...) haha...stupid, but it made me really really happy because I didn't think I had one. Note this was after my low coolant light came on after work.

finklejag

Ready to race!
Rotated my tires and cleaned my calipers. The fronts are faded after 5 1/2 years and 50,000 miles. A lot heat down there.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I did have it that way before but couldn't stand having it in the engine bay.
Also wouldn't physics dictate (ya i'm pulling out the bro-science) that there needs to be available air on the other side of the tube for a siphon to take place. I.E. if you put your thumb over the straw in your soda, pull it out, the water will be suspended. If you try to suck the soda out, it shouldn't come out unless there is air to push the water out from the other side while you are pulling.

technically yes, but for some reason I've still seen it misfire lol.

adbyerlt

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed my oil today. While I was under there took some pics of my WALK and Tyrolsport subframe collars that were installed yesterday. I cannot recommend the subframe collar kit enough - it's amazing. I felt like my front end was sloppy and suspected that it was due to subframe movement, though I heard no clunking. These two mods totally tightened up my front end, made the ride smoother, made the steering feel heavier and more confident. Definitely worth my money!

http://imgur.com/a/DWMkK

zrickety

The Fixer
It's a worthwhile upgrade, I like XB more though.

Erick666

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't get much of a test drive yet. Just a trip to the store. I wasn't sure what to expect, or if I would notice, but I could definitely tell it was there. We'll see how it goes once I can get a good drive in. Just need some time and the weather to cooperate. I hear the XB is more noticeable, but I'll keep my bracing underneath and out of the way. At least for now.