GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water pump leaking issue for 12-14 GTI

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
You can't go into a car purchase worrying about this or that; every brand is going to have their "issues." Either you love it or you don't.

FTR, I'm on my third water pump.

zrickety

The Fixer
I really wouldn't sweat it. Most issues will appear before the warranty is up, as long as the next part is installed properly you're good. The dealers do have a 1 yr/12k on what they fix, outside of warranty. But I wouldn't choose them unless you know a good tech.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Is the leaking repair covered by the powerstrain warranty?

Not only is it covered by the powertrain warranty, the warranty on waterpumps SPECIFICALLY was extended to 120K (whereas the powertrain is 60k) - so even after your warranty period is up, you still don't have to pay for new water pumps :)

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
They replaced the pump on my 13 CBFA under warranty when I took it in for oil change last week. 49k miles.

johnboyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had my water pump replaced twice before the recall was issued. The revised pump installed for the recall has been holding so far. I wouldn't worry, I think the revised pump has fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palmo

Ready to race!
I have a 2011 and it looks like my water pump has just started to fail. Check coolant light flashing, fluid dropping below minimum etc. Unfortunately it appears my VIN isnt part of the recall even though Im in the 2011 to 2014 range :-(

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2011 and it looks like my water pump has just started to fail. Check coolant light flashing, fluid dropping below minimum etc. Unfortunately it appears my VIN isnt part of the recall even though Im in the 2011 to 2014 range :-(

It still applies to you just take it to dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie

It doesn't matter if your VIN doesn't come up on the recall search function. If you have a water pump issue on your MK6 GTI, it will be covered till 10 years/120k miles by VW.

slowgti

Passed Driver's Ed
It doesn't matter if your VIN doesn't come up on the recall search function. If you have a water pump issue on your MK6 GTI, it will be covered till 10 years/120k miles by VW.

I just called VW, they checked my VIN and said there is no warranty extension for the water pump on my 2012 GTI right now. Intake manifold and injectors are covered for me though.