GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr high vs low output

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Searched but didn't see too many threads on this for dsg. Soooo for all you dsg guys are you running apr low or high out put. When I got my update yesterday I realized I have been running The low output file. Would it be safe to jump to the high out put? Just trying to make sure I won't have any issues with the dsg. My tuner told me I should stay low output until I get a dsg tune. I spoke with apr and was informed I can jump to high output with out a tcu upgrade. Any feed back would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
High output is safe with DSG, the low output file is meant for people with the stock clutch on 6MT.

You won't have any issues with the stock DSG tune. But for what it's worth, it may feel a little weird while it adapts to the added torque. Upgrade ASAP! Hi torque is nuts.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Yea kinda pissed that they put on the low torque file knowing my car is dsg. And then told me I would need a dsg tune for high torque When Apr said it is not needed. Which is why I posted this thread. I couldn't find anything saying People have had slippage on high output with dsg.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
DSG software not needed for high torque file. Go back and tell them to re flash it, you're missing out on more POWA!!!!

FF_animal

Ready to race!
So I spoke to my tuner again and he tells me that dsg tune is needed for the higher output file. I told him him I spoke with Apr about how it is not needed but he stands by his words on how the high tq file will destroy my dsg. Also stated that it is listed on apr website but when I just checked it actually states the opposite. Apr says on their website that a tcu upgrade will not increase ability to hold more torque and that the tcu upgrade is not needed for high tq. So I'm a little confused as to wtf is truth. Have any of you had any issues with the high tq file on stock dsg tune??? I really don't want to shell out 600 bucks when Im happy with the stock dsg tune.

Laimface

Ready to race!
So I spoke to my tuner again and he tells me that dsg tune is needed for the higher output file. I told him him I spoke with Apr about how it is not needed but he stands by his words on how the high tq file will destroy my dsg. Also stated that it is listed on apr website but when I just checked it actually states the opposite. Apr says on their website that a tcu upgrade will not increase ability to hold more torque and that the tcu upgrade is not needed for high tq. So I'm a little confused as to wtf is truth. Have any of you had any issues with the high tq file on stock dsg tune??? I really don't want to shell out 600 bucks when Im happy with the stock dsg tune.

Don't give him any of your heard earned cash. I'm sure there are plenty of APR tuners in the USA that are near by

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Apr high output is specifically for DSG and aftermarket 6-mt clutches. Your tuner needs an apr lesson.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
You absolutely do not NEED a DSG tune to run the high output files.

However, it's very nice to have, but not required at all.

If ever in doubt, contact APR direct.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Your tuner sounds ill informed. Perhaps he just misread the APR website.. at least that is what i am hoping for, i truly hope he isn't trying to rip you off and force a purchase for something you dont need.

None The less maybe shot APR a email saying that this dealer is saying you have to do this and this which is opposite of what APR says im sure they dont want someone using their reputation as a way to force sales.

But i would find a new tuner for sure and tell your current tuner that he should really call APR and get a education on APR tune requirements.

Ihaterice

Ready to race!
I am dsg running stage 2 93 high output for just a few days now and honestly I only rarely get slippage. Apr told me my K2 clutchpack is starting to go though. I may need to flash down to low output just to be safe, but I'm giving it some more time. The extra torque is so fun.