GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Air Intake

joshnuzzi

Hi guys,

I really want the APR Carbonio CAI but i really dont want to spend $350. Is there another option for less money, I feel like that's really pricey for an intake. Is it just a name brand? Help Im not very good at this..

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
before you modify your car, you should read here.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53716

and don't make a new thread on something that's already on there. That's the point of sticky'd threads, so they are easy to see.

But I guess this isn't clear enough..

/thread.

can you help me decide on what tune to get? will my water pump go out? what kind of rims should i get? should i plastidip them? TELL ME HOW TO MOD MY CARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!:mad0259::laugh::laugh:

DKhubs

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

I really want the APR Carbonio CAI but i really dont want to spend $350. Is there another option for less money, I feel like that's really pricey for an intake. Is it just a name brand? Help Im not very good at this..

If you don't want to buy an intake... you can always make your own. you don't have a MAF so it's more or less just pipe with a filter.

if you're new to this, just look around this forum some more, almost any question you have has already been addressed.

madbikes

Ready to race!
I was fortunate to got mine in a clearance sale for less than 300. It's worth the money even at regular price.

dieselstation

Ready to race!
people laughed at my thread when I suggested that APR make a plastic version alongside the carbon fiber version. The cost would be reduced sooo much!

DeBiase

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

To actually answer the question USP makes an intake on sale now for $250-270 depending on if you go for the secondary air filter option. Here it is take a look. They also sell the ARP Carbonio for $324. USP 3" Aluminum Cold Air Intake

Serbmatic

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to point it out. The APR Carb. Intake goes on sale 5 times a year, last time I checked it was 280 (sale price). I'd say waiting for the next sale would be the best idea :thumbup:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
I found mine for $140, it sounds awesome, but sometimes over 3k rpm doesn't make noise lol